Will there ever be any more Lost and Found Events?

As most of you know, back in 2010, Geocaching was celebrating it's 10th anniversary and there were many Lost and Found Events held around the world. For the lucky few, that year, anyone who attended an event that a Groundspeak Lackey was also attending were able to get the L&F attribute.

Although I attended an L&F event, without a lackey attending the attribute wasn't available.

Now, the OCD in me wants to complete my attribute grid and without a Delorean, a flux capacitor and 1.21 Gigawatts of electricity, I don't think I'm going to be able to get it... unless ... are there any plans on resurrecting this type of event/attribute in the future .. say, on the 15th anniversary of geocaching?

Inquiring (OCD) minds want to know.

dani

Edited by dani_carriere

Guess I don't follow.

I don't see them changing the icon on thousands of cacher's stats.

If they had another anniversary event, it'd probably be a different name/theme.

15th anniversary, however they did it, you'd still be missing the 10 icon.

Maybe start saving on that Delorean?

It's not the 10th anniversary icon, I'm looking for, it's the L&F attribute.

No the cache type was retired and is no longer available for reviewers.

dani_carriere wasn't asking about the cache type, but rather asking whether the attribute (landf-yes.gif) could be retroactively applied to the events. I'd be curious about this too, because I just checked and the L&F event I attended didn't have the attribute either. The Lost & Found Celebration event at GSHQ has the attribute, but I suspect many of the local events don't have it.

Would it be possible for Groundspeak to mass-add that attribute to all of the events with the L&F type? Adding it should be pretty easy from the server-side and shouldn't hurt anything, and the attribute would then be correctly displayed on all of the listings it should have been on anyway. To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't already do this at the time of these events. Otherwise, what's the point of having the attribute at all?

Lackeys did not attend most of them. It was the cache owners that had to request them to be Lost and Found events. As it was not selectable by the cache owners.

But it appears that only a few of those many world wilde lost and found events had the lost and found attribute and all those were attended by lackeys.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=257080

I think the OP wants to complete the grid of all attributes. She has attended a lost and found event, but one that does not have the attribute.

If having a lackey at the event was the reason for the attribute, then why would they retroactively apply the attribute to an event without a lackey? If you wanted the attribute, you should have attended an event with a lackey.

Or, better yet, stop treating every tiny piece of cache information as some sort of contest or score.

If having a lackey at the event was the reason for the attribute, then why would they retroactively apply the attribute to an event without a lackey? If you wanted the attribute, you should have attended an event with a lackey.

Or, better yet, stop treating every tiny piece of cache information as some sort of contest or score.

While I agree with the score thing (yet strangely I am trying to work in time for an event this month for the silly '7 souvis of August' thing), as I recall, they didn't announce ahead of time that there would be a lackey at some (all?) of those events.

As memory serves, our local event was billed as a M&G that included pie. I like pie, so I was going to find a few caches and head on over. I ended up DNFing a few caches, getting frustrated, and blowing off the rest of the day. Later on I learned that the event was morphed into a lackey-meet.

Lackeys did not attend most of them. It was the cache owners that had to request them to be Lost and Found events. As it was not selectable by the cache owners.

I wonder if it can be requested in retrospect.

What I think BlueRajah meant was you had to request your event to be a L&F, not request the L&F attribute. In other words, you only had a choice of creating a plain old event, there was no "L&F event" in the drop down menu. So that means they apparently only awarded the attribute to events that Lackey's attended. Because I'll tell you what, I attended an L&F hosted by a long time volunteer reviewer (don't worry, he doesn't hide his identity), and if any "regular player" could request the attribute, he most likely would have. I just looked, no L&F attribute on that cache page.

What I think BlueRajah meant was you had to request your event to be a L&F, not request the L&F attribute. In other words, you only had a choice of creating a plain old event, there was no "L&F event" in the drop down menu. So that means they apparently only awarded the attribute to events that Lackey's attended. Because I'll tell you what, I attended an L&F hosted by a long time volunteer reviewer (don't worry, he doesn't hide his identity), and if any "regular player" could request the attribute, he most likely would have. I just looked, no L&F attribute on that cache page.

"Lackeys" are paid employees. Reviewers are not "lackeys". That said Lacky attendance was not a reuirement for Lost and Found events.

"Lackeys" are paid employees. Reviewers are not "lackeys". That said Lacky attendance was not a reuirement for Lost and Found events.

Of course I know that. :lol: I think the OP clearly states that a paid Lackey had to attend in order for the event to have a lost and found attribute. News to me, and I'm sure to just about everyone else.

No, but it does appear that it was a requirement for getting the attribute.

I interpreted BlueRajah's stetment differently. The L&F attribute had nothing to do with the Lackeys. It was related to if the CO requested the attribute. Presumably they had to email contact@geocaching.com or something to get the attribute added.

Yeah, we hosted a 10 Years! event that was lackey-free. (We welcomed an incognito reviewer, and we would've been happy to have an actual Lackey, but no dice.) I was wondering if I just had neglected to ask for a L&F attribute, but it appears from NOSNOW's post that no lackey = no attribute. C'est la vie.

The L&F Attribute was given by GS when a Lackey attended an event in late 2010, and not just the Lost and Found events. I have that attribute on 4 events that I attended that year, Geowoodstock VIII ,Lost & Found Celebration , Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities and Midwest Geobash 2010.

Thank you! I didn't want to argue with anyone. :anibad: I think a lot of people didn't carefully read the OP, or think too deeply about what they were trying to convey. Not that anyone cares, except people who are trying to collect every attribute ever created. :ph34r: