FEATURE REQUEST - List of caches with Personnal Notes and/or Corrected Coords

W1zz

I think it would be great to be able to see a list of all the caches listings in which we have added a Personnal Note and/or corrected the coordinates. I use and/or meaning that it could be part of the same list or two different lists.

Whenever I decode a puzzle or want to add extra info about a cache, I use these great features that are Personnal Notes and Corrected Coordinates. But once it's saved, there's no way to know in which cache listings I have used it.

Edited by JCLBA

You could create a Bookmark list of all your solved puzzles or caches where you have entered personal notes. You could even make multiple bookmark lists, maybe one with solved puzzles, one with puzzles "in progress" and another with just the ones with personal notes, or any other criteria you need. Then when you solve a puzzle and correct the coordinates, simply add that cache listing to the appropriate Bookmark list.

I would love this feature.

And yes, I currently maintain a "solved unfound puzzles" bookmark list. But it would be nice to automatically generate such a list, with found caches automatically being removed from it, and solved puzzles automatically being added to it. It's easy to enter the puzzle solution in the Personal Cache Note and/or in the Edited Coordinates, and forget to add the cache to the bookmark list.

There is always another way to do it ! I currently use GSAK. But sometimes, I forget to add the Corrected Coordinates indicator in GSAK. Or I leave a note on a cache page, wanting to come back to it later and forget about it altogether.

A bookmark would be a great way to store these lists... But I think these bookmarks could be created and populated automatically. It's already in the database. As soon as a user puts a comment on a cache page, it could appear in this automatic bookmark.

There is always another way to do it ! I currently use GSAK. But sometimes, I forget to add the Corrected Coordinates indicator in GSAK. Or I leave a note on a cache page, wanting to come back to it later and forget about it altogether.

A bookmark would be a great way to store these lists... But I think these bookmarks could be created and populated automatically. It's already in the database. As soon as a user puts a comment on a cache page, it could appear in this automatic bookmark.

If you correct the coordinates on the webpage the next time you download or refresh the cache the corrected column week show the indicator automatically. That is not something you set.

I wish I saw the screen as it appears in frinklabs' post above. Sadly, I see neither the "With Personal Notes" nor the "With Corrected Coordinates" link on my page. I'm a Premium member, so if that's a Premium feature I ought to see it.

I have recently been reminded why I would really like to see this feature implemented. I have been working on a series of puzzle caches (Master of Mystery) that requires one to solve 20 puzzles to get the information necessary to find a final puzzle cache . There are 23 different series like this. Many of the finals include some of the same puzzle caches and I'm trying to see if I can solve all of them. I've probably got somewhere around 80-90 solved so far and as I do I add a personal note and corrected coordinates for each. It would be really nice if I could execute a search that returned all the caches for which I've entered a personal note.

There is also the fact that at least one app that I use on my phone allows me to create and edit a personal note, but does not allow me to bookmark it to a particular list. When I edit a note in the field, it would be great to see it automatically show up in such a list. I think it's a great idea. Very useful, but not a "change" that would affect anyone who isn't interested in such a feature.

Maybe even go one better and have a column in the list view of caches (PQs, found caches, etc.) that would indicate a cache with a personal note. Kind of like this:

6uTnuks.png

Edited by J Grouchy

There is also the fact that at least one app that I use on my phone allows me to create and edit a personal note, but does not allow me to bookmark it to a particular list. When I edit a note in the field, it would be great to see it automatically show up in such a list.

The API does provide a mechanism to bookmark a cache (AddGeocachesToBookmarkList). Sounds like this should be a feature request for that app. :)

As to the requests to

• display corrected coords on the map
  • search for caches with corrected coords
  • search for caches with personal notes

I fully agree, these would be very useful to have!

Edited by EngPhil