Register a "Discover Me" nametag ...

FuefinaWG

I just received a "Discover Me" name tag with a code on it but I'm not sure how to register it. It came with no directions and no "password" (like my geocoins did) so I'm not sure what to do next.

I looked through the forums but didn't see any help pertaining to this so if you have any ideas, please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Fue

Thank you, so much Great Scott!

One last question: I'm going to be keeping this "discover me" item with me. As long as the nametag has been activated will people be able to just look up the GC code in order to log it?

Easy question, tough answer.

You have options--

To utilize it only as something that you wish only to use a Events and the like, you should:

Activate it;

Mark it as "Collectible";

Move it to your Collection.

This makes it so that it cannot be "Grabbed" by another cacher.

It can then only be logged as "Discovered" or "Note" -- including by you!

To utilize it as a personal tracker, logging "Visits" to caches and the like, you should:

Activate it:

Either mark is as "Not Collectible" or not check the box at all.

You cannot then move it to your Collection, it remains in your Inventory.

It can be then be logged with ANY log-type for a trackable -- including a "Grab" by another person. It happens, but you can easily "Grab" it back anytime you want.

To answer the question, yes they will need to use the number to log it, except for a "Note" log.

A word of caution -- if you wish to put a photo of it on the Trackable Page, make sure you do not include the number (or blur it out before uploading the photo).

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee