Another sad system failure

Today I received another email from Groundspeak (this must be the fourth, since I let my premium membership lapse a month ago) about premium membership. It said if I didn't want to come back could I let them know why. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to let them know, clicked "Other" and got taken to a web site with the message "We are sorry, a system error has occurred. We were unable to capture your response. Please try again shortly."

So it looks like the processing for why former premium members aren't renewing is broken.

There is a workaround for this bug.

Please write out your reasons for not renewing onto a scroll, place it in a film pot and hide the film pot behind a sign post. Someone will be by presently to collect your feedback once it gets soggy.

I believe there is a challenge for this sort of situation. You must find 100 non-renewal feedback scrolls. Sadly, it is a PMO geocache.

Please write out your reasons for not renewing onto a scroll, place it in a film pot and hide the film pot behind a sign post. Someone will be by presently to collect your feedback once it gets soggy.

Kind of redundant, when the contents of that scroll would probably mention that there are too many soggy film pots hidden behind sign posts. :P

Ironically enough, my membership just lapsed. Couldn't have been more than 5 days before I caught it. This is because (I assume) millions of American's changed their credit card number when Target stores had millions of credit card numbers compromised. Anywho, all I got was an email which I believe was titled "Find more Geocaches". And it recommended going premium to find premium member only caches. In all it's overly done HTML glory, I might add. :D

Sadly many of the signs around here already have a film pot hidden behind a sign within 528 feet. Would a green street junction box that smells of dog urine be an acceptable place to leave my feedback? :ph34r:

Kind of redundant, when the contents of that scroll would probably mention that there are too many soggy film pots hidden behind sign posts. :P

Ironically enough, my membership just lapsed. Couldn't have been more than 5 days before I caught it. This is because (I assume) millions of American's changed their credit card number when Target stores had millions of credit card numbers compromised. Anywho, all I got was an email which I believe was titled "Find more Geocaches". And it recommended going premium to find premium member only caches. In all it's overly done HTML glory, I might add. :D

I've had a few emails so far exalting the benefits of being a premium member. Which is interesting - given I was a premium member for the best part of a decade one might assume I already knew what I'd been paying for and if I didn't respond to the first email it wouldn't take a genius to figure that for some reason I didn't consider the benefits to be worth the money.

Maybe it's a way they use to test their HTML engines. Except if the feedback doesn't work they wouldn't know if the HTML is broken. Maybe there's a solution to a problem in there somewhere...

Today I received another email from Groundspeak (this must be the fourth, since I let my premium membership lapse a month ago) about premium membership. It said if I didn't want to come back could I let them know why. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to let them know, clicked "Other" and got taken to a web site with the message "We are sorry, a system error has occurred. We were unable to capture your response. Please try again shortly."

So it looks like the processing for why former premium members aren't renewing is broken.

Hi team tisri,

Thank you for reporting the error that you received.

I tried to reproduce the error and unfortunately was unable to. The test recipients were able to choose all of the options listed in the survey including 'other' and were forwarded to the confirmation page. I also took a look at past surveys and see that we have received many responses within the last week including 'other'. I am unsure as to what would have caused the error on your end, but it looks to me that this was an isolated issue and not recurring.

Thank you again for letting us know and I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Tyler

You nailed this one Key. :laughing:

Yes he did. Nailed that forum guideline violation right to the wall so we could all see it.