Looking for Experienced Geocacher to Speak at our Club - Mahwah, NJ

ajamac

Hello, my name is Abbie. I founded the geocaching club at Ramapo College of New Jersey last semester. We are looking for a speaker who has over 10k finds to come in and talk to our group for 30-40 minutes during common hour (1-2) on a Thursday during the upcoming semester. Ramapo College is located in Mahwah, NJ 07430.

You can log 10,000 finds by spending summer vacation in the desert southwest, finding caches every tenth of a mile along "power trails" found on rural highways.

In New Jersey, the very first name I'd think of as a guest speaker would be briansnat. He's a Groundspeak volunteer, accomplished hider over the past dozen years, expert outdoorsman and newspaper columnist. But, he doesn't meet your find count criterion.

The count number was something my VP asked for. It is not totally necessary. I'm truly sorry if asking that insulted anyone, definitely not my goal.

We just want to find someone who has stories to tell to the new students in the club. Some of whom don't know anything about geocaching. I am still very new to this, actually this month it is a year.

So, let me rephrase my request: I am looking for anyone who is experienced and interested in speaking to the students.

These meetings are very informal, the talk could be a PowerPoint style presentation or not. It is up to the individual person.

You can log 10,000 finds by spending summer vacation in the desert southwest, finding caches every tenth of a mile along "power trails" found on rural highways.

In New Jersey, the very first name I'd think of as a guest speaker would be briansnat. He's a Groundspeak volunteer, accomplished hider over the past dozen years, expert outdoorsman and newspaper columnist. But, he doesn't meet your find count criterion.

...and a lousy public speaker

...and a lousy public speaker

And a Joy Division fan who has since distanced himself from them. :huh:

I have to admit, the 10,000 find criteria was kind of whacky. Hey, whoever does do this (I'm in Western, NY, no can do), the little known and little advertised official Geocaching.com Power Point presentation is excellent. Used it at a church to convince their small congregation to host a cache on their nature trail.