Need 2 more people for the ET Highway

AddHam

This is my first time posting to the forum so if I'm in the wrong spot, please move me appropriately.

We are from Wyoming, MI, USA and are heading out to cache on the ET Highway series and need 2 more people for our 4-cacher team.

Our task is to be at and start the highway at midnight on September 5, (6th technically) 2014 and cache a full 24 hours to fit in as many as we can. This will be a hard non-stop rush simply to see how many caches we can get in 24 hours. If that sounds like something you'd like to do and can commit, email us through our geocaching profile http://coord.info/PR1Q3AY. We'll be looking to split the cost of one rental car for one day and gas. Everyone we know either can't or won't do a run like this so we're using it as an opportunity to meet some new people and share stories.

We already have our room in Tonopah, NV booked so you'll need to find accommodations there. Our plan is to get off the road and sleep after the 24 hours is up and the next day is unplanned. Getting you back to where you need to be (preferably Vegas) and caching are the only things in mind.

Thanks,

AddHam

Bring replacement containers and logs. Last time I was up there doing a portion, there were missing containers or logs in less than ideal "containers", possibly due to graders or heavy equipment (re-paving was going on). I was in the 700s to 850 section. I read another log about missing cntrs in the early 900s. Good luck on your run.

We rented a minivan with a sliding side door. Easy access. Have stamps made with your names on it or like some do, a group name. First night we slept in the vehicle at a small rest stop. After that it was two differnt motels. Don't remember their names. Have lots of water, coffee and snacks. I was the only woman in our group and the fastest runner. My favorite part: Baby lizards under the rocks. Worse part: wondering when we would be done, but it kept going and going.

Back in the day I did a portion of the Original Trail.

117º and had to keep the heater ON in order to keep the big block Chevy Pick-Em-Up-truck from overheating. 117º with the heater on!!! CAN YOU SAY YIKES

Lots of water, snacks and spare gas would be a great start.

?? Did you say you were starting from the west end?? (against the grain - unless you are going into the newer section).

Edited by humboldt flier

I'll be driving by the start of the E.T highway next monday, unfortunately I'll have my wife with me and we are headed to Vegas, Arizona and New Mexico..

I have done 200 of the E.T. caches in January. I know you're gonna try to get as many as possible but I recommend to take some time to take lots of pictures, it is a very cool area.