Recommended caches in New York City

stijnhommes

On August 23, 2014, I will be visiting New York City for a week for my holiday. After checking the map, I've come to the conclusion I have nowhere near enough to see the tourist sites and find all the caches in the area (as I tried in Venice). There are simply too much caches in New York. I could go out caching for the entire week and not even clean out a single borough.

So, I'm looking for recommendations. I especially enjoy caches in interesting locations or ones that have been custom built to show the hider's creativity.

Which NYC cache should I not miss?

"GCHTK1 - Five Star New York" looks like it's quite difficult, but everyone is raving about it, so I'll definitely give it a shot.

What are your favorites?

I would highly recommend any cache by addisonbr, childofatom, or EastVillageFamily. World Trade Center 9/11 Survivor's Fountain is very interesting. (Hmm... I've found almost 400 caches in NYC?!?) Several of the virtuals are very interesting. The POPS series by slukster can be fun as well.

And, of course, you need to visit my Letterbox Hybrid! Only LBH in NYC. Bear on the Loose

Then you need to take a bus from Port Authority across the river to NJ (to color in the state!) (The virtual at Port Authority is a good one.) I have many caches in Hudson County to choose from. Hamilton Rock is a popular field mystery with great views.

I would highly recommend any cache by addisonbr, childofatom, or EastVillageFamily. World Trade Center 9/11 Survivor's Fountain is very interesting. (Hmm... I've found almost 400 caches in NYC?!?) Several of the virtuals are very interesting. The POPS series by slukster can be fun as well.

And, of course, you need to visit my Letterbox Hybrid! Only LBH in NYC. Bear on the Loose

Then you need to take a bus from Port Authority across the river to NJ (to color in the state!) (The virtual at Port Authority is a good one.) I have many caches in Hudson County to choose from. Hamilton Rock is a popular field mystery with great views.

Thanks for giving me something to chew on. :) I definitely want to cram in a couple of virtuals and letterbox-hybrids since I don't often come across those.

If anyone else still has suggestions, I'm open to them until August 22. :)