How do I change the cache type

Cog&Gil

I want to change the puzzle cache symbol at the top of the cache page to a regular cache type symbol. I am doing away with the chirp requirement for two caches but the edit cache page won't let me change the type. All other changes on that page worked.

I want to change the puzzle cache symbol at the top of the cache page to a regular cache type symbol. I am doing away with the chirp requirement for two caches but the edit cache page won't let me change the type. All other changes on that page worked.

You can't. I tried to change one of our letterbox caches to a regular cache because it no longer had a stamp. I was told I needed to archive the cache and re-post it as a new cache. I archived the letterbox. I replanted the container about 200m away and hid it differently because I didn't want people coming back to the same-old-same-old just for another smiley.

You should archive the existing Chirp caches and submit new Traditional cache pages for the same spots.  Otherwise, you will have altered the statistics of every geocacher who found your Mystery caches with the Chirp attribute.

It's sometimes appropriate for a reviewer to change a cache type, like when a mistake was made, shortly after publication.  I did that last week for a letterbox hybrid cache that had waypoint projections, but the FTF noted that there was no letterboxing stamp in the cache.  Without the letterboxing stamp, it's just a multicache.

Edited by Keystone
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 3
21 hours ago, bflentje said:

Just stop. If Jophiel started a new thread someone would have dug out all of the old threads wondering why a new thread was created.

Jophiel didn't come here to ask another question, but rather offered an incomplete and borderline wrong answer to the OP's question nearly 5 years after the fact. I'd consider that an inappropriate bump. At least Keystone was able to rescue the discussion a bit by providing some better advice.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
On 6/28/2019 at 4:51 PM, The A-Team said:

Jophiel didn't come here to ask another question, but rather offered an incomplete and borderline wrong answer to the OP's question nearly 5 years after the fact. I'd consider that an inappropriate bump. At least Keystone was able to rescue the discussion a bit by providing some better advice.

Still a totally unnecessary reply.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1