Dialogue/Message skipped on iPhone

Loonwatcher

Recently finished a cartridge using the Wherigo Builder. Everything runs smoothly in the Emulator. In the field, the lead-in message or dialogue as the player enters a zone is momentarily displayed (I'd say about 1 second), then the screen goes right to the input question, which runs just fine. This is the same for every zone.

Any ideas.?

(Can't attach the .lua file - sorry)

LW

Not sure what you mean. Essentially, here is my sequence of actions/commands when a player enters a zone:

- show dialogue/message

- show item visible

- set task visible and true

- get player input

It works fine in the emulator.

Cartridge is on Wherigo page: A Maxville Adventure

Sent .lua and gwz files to Charlinni. (I had dealt with him a few weeks ago with the original cartridge).

Super answer! Thank you! How do I find the "on click" command in the Groundspeak Builder? Is there a more recent version than the one I am presently using? Would the "on click" be the same as using button script? If I need to, I could convert everything to Earwhigo ... I am familiar with this tool also, but you still need to finish up with the GS Builder, don't you?

Greetings from Eastern Ontario.

LW

By the way, what you needed from Groundspeak's builder is that "script to run when button is clicked" section. When you put the text for your message, there's a button below it called "Script (0)" or something close to that name. That's where you needed to put the input.

It's good you decided to try a more up to date builder!

Cache was published today at GC. Here's what I did ... temporarily. I shortened my entry dialogue to make it one message only. Inserted this new message in the text box for question and tied teh question at the end. So now I, when the player enters the zone, he can read the description as intended and answer the question, all on the same screen. (Yes, I deleted the dialogue/message command when player enters zone). This seems to work just fine.

I promise that I'll use either Earwigo or Urwigo for my next cartridges. (Urwigo file sent to Jonny65).

Thanks to Dirk, Jonny and Ranger for your time and patience working with me through this. Hope to someday meet you on the trails.

Greetings from Canada.

LW