Playing with your pictures

One of my favorite things to do after a Geocache adventure is download all the pictures from the day and have some fun in my photoshop program. I love to see other people's pictures and how far their imagination can go. Some that I have seen are brilliant, inspirational and others are just wacky. I love them all. Here are some that I have recently done. Please show me what you have and lets have some laughs.. :drama:

post-8716875-039811900 1406531613_thumb.jpg

post-8716875-099996300 1406531653_thumb.jpg

Edited by nosynellies

One of my favorite things to do after a Geocache adventure is download all the pictures from the day and have some fun in my photoshop program. I love to see other people's pictures and how far their imagination can go. Some that I have seen are brilliant, inspirational and others are just wacky. I love them all. Here are some that I have recently done. Please show me what you have and lets have some laughs.. :drama:

Can you try it again? We can't see your pictures. Thanks!

Yesterday I did an Obi-Wan Kenobi cache along the Skywalker easement - named because George Lucas opened up a section of a trail in exchange for development at Skywalker Ranch. Over the years it has had a number of Star Wars themed caches (beginning with my own Leia and Isis Walk Together). But this time it was fun to post some themed pictures, in this case using a few different iPad apps.

23c5da3e-8af9-4752-a630-0998a6c3546c_l.jpg

Maintenance

Generally there is too much to do when traveling to stop for containers, but sometimes caching can take you to interesting spots. On the way back from visiting some ruins and glyphs near Sedona, AZ, I decided that we needed to check out Afterdark Paranormal #!. I would like to have convinced my wife to go there after dark, with our night vision goggles, but given how rocky and rough the road was getting out there, I suppose I should be glad that she agreed to make the detour. It was quiet when we were there -- although we did have an interesting time with some hikers we met who had taken a wrong turn looking for a "shamanic cave."

Later in the trip, I spoke about the location with a couple of people I trust (in separate conversations). They both implied that it was just as well that we did not try it after dark, without people who know more about what they are doing in those kind of situations. If we ever return, I now have some contacts. But for the trip we took, I did not think that Aura Raines was the kind of companion they would recommend. Still, it seemed a fitting place for Aura to investigate:

5f852aea-9c99-46d9-af87-3d8d833548a7_l.jpg

We had a thread about that last year. (Under Geo Topics, before the Photography forum existed.)

PS, for some reason I can't see attached images such as above. I'm using the latest Firefox on Linux, and even turned off NoScript (which I hate to do), same effect.

That older thread inspired me to photoshop Signal into some of my on site geocaching photos. For example, I photoshopped signal in to a field of tobacco that was next to a cemetery cache:

841f30eb-802d-497b-b283-f04ba333af53_l.gif

Up here in Alberta we have a game-within-a-game of hunting "brass caps" - similar to benchmarks in the US. Some are pretty darn obvious.

54f80f5d-35f1-4842-ae2a-b257b6b2a99c_l.jpg

I tilted the camera a bit for this one. Oh, and I dropped the ziploc holding the logbook and it went zip down the right side (yes down) before I could react. Getting it back was a chore.

d795262f-9dbd-4d6d-a255-b4496dcf4450_l.jpg

From a Mayan-themed cache called Prairie Chichén Itzá:

cb6b7d4c-ab10-4f16-b7bb-1ebf841ff16c_l.jpg