MORC fix for the year

kayakbird

Finally had another excuse for a long, hot, dusty drive into the Missouri Breaks.

MORC BM 62-2 1885

d2100b3f-a056-4928-ba1d-a9e6ae1cc12e.jpg

Should have checked on it three years ago when I could have paddled right to it instead of crashing through the 1/4 mile from today's nearest kayak landing. Or waited for a month until the bugling Wapiti come off the CMR NWR ridges and beat out some trails to the river. MEL

Edited by kayakbird

Finally had another excuse for a long, hot, dusty drive into the Missouri Breaks.

MORC BM 62-2 1885

d2100b3f-a056-4928-ba1d-a9e6ae1cc12e.jpg

Should have checked on it three years ago when I could have paddled right to it instead of crashing through the 1/4 mile from today's nearest kayak landing. Or waited for a month until the bugling Wapiti come off the CMR NWR ridges and beat out some trails to the river. MEL

Mike do you have a photo looking at the bank with the stone exposed? Nice work, as always. I'm glad to see you are still at it.

Kurt

Kurt & all,

The stone was not & is not exposed in the sloping bank. The pipe tipped out (or was pushed) leaving a 0.60 ft deep hole that was filled in by soft dirt trickling in. I dug down through this to expose the stone and copper center bolt, then filled it back in after taking photos.

9c52aeb8-1d21-4966-a8a8-0fe7cb40e576.jpg

MORC BM 62-2, CGS 1 BOLT

The Bench Mark should be good for another 100 years of regular erosion if the reservoir does not go to emergency flood pool elevation again.

Edited by kayakbird