Amazon Fire Phone

LEGI0N

Thought I would take a leap of faith and switch to the Amazon Fire phone from Iphone. I just figured the apps for android would work fine but my understanding is that isn't the case. I'm hoping that there is a plan to build the Geocaching app to support Fire phone in the near future.

You can install Google Play on the Fire Phone without rooting the phone, and most of my apps installed from the Play Store onto the fire phone. But the paid geocaching app will show up in the list but the Play store reports it is not compatible with the phone. Oddly enough, the free starter version of the geocaching app is listed, but I have not tried it to see if it works.

Fortunately, other geocaching apps are availablefor the Fire Phone from both the Amazon Android app and the Google Play app.

As is, neither of the Geocaching apps will run on a Fire phone without some serious hackery, since they both rely on Google Play Services which is not available on Amazon's devices.

We've investigated what would be involved in porting the apps to the Amazon app store, but we don't have any plans to do so at this time.