New kind of displaying the logs

Winnie51

Hi

Is it just me, who finds the new way of displaying the logs catastrophic?

To view the entries you have to scroll down the listing (as usal) to then click to oben the logs and from now on it's a scrolling & clicking adventure all way long.

It's hard to find an older log this way. It's only confusing and annoying.

Showuld change back to the old, good way - without clicking, just scrolling through the logs.

What do you think?

It has good and bad points.

One of the good points is that when viewing on a mobile device with, possibly, a slow Internet connection, the amount of data to be downloaded before the page can be rendered and viewed is smaller - and so you're not left waiting an absolute age for the page to be displayed.

Funny thing - since yesterday it is also displayed again like it was displayeds before the days before my post.

So all's fie again. I don't know on what that depends. MAybe GS has taken the design back?

I's strange different users see a different behaviour. And now even me seeing on the same pc, with the same browser and same settings differen behaviours.

Let's keep an eye on that.

Well, some of you use GC little helper and it stopped loading the logs and VIP list, right? So this one is caused by new Greasemonkey 2.0 that was released a couple of days ago. Install the previous version 1.15 from older versions page and disable automatic update for this add-on in Add-ons manager until the author of GClh figures out how to fix his script so it works with the newest GM. Or just stop using GClh until the same moment. :)

Yep, you may disable loading logs in GClh settings, but then there will be no VIP list and maybe other dependent features. May be sufficient for those who don't need VIP list and use different GClh features.

Downgrading to Greasemonkey 1.15 (and waiting some time before trying the current version again, I don't know, a month or two?) solves the problem completely.

Well, some of you use GC little helper and it stopped loading the logs and VIP list, right? So this one is caused by new Greasemonkey 2.0 that was released a couple of days ago. Install the previous version 1.15 from older versions page and disable automatic update for this add-on in Add-ons manager until the author of GClh figures out how to fix his script so it works with the newest GM. Or just stop using GClh until the same moment. :)

AH HA!!.... Thank you very much for the link to the older versions. For me, all is now well.

There has been no recent change to the way logs are displayed. If you are seeing something new, I would guess that your browser has started blocking JavaScript.

My phone browser, Opera mini, doesn't currently show any cache logs at all. I'm certain there hasn't been any changes in my end of this. And I have seen logs with it after you finally stopped to block Opera mini users as "anonymous proxy".

You've just made me very happy. The world works the way it should again now. :D Thank you!