Category proposal - Pets Grooming Salons

I can't find any category for Pets Grooming Salons.

There's one category for Pets Stores (which might have a grooming salon) and another one for Self Serve Pet Wash, but close to where I live, Pets Grooming Salons are not inside Pets Stores and don't have a Self Serve Pet Wash.

Could this be a new category?

I can't find any category for Pets Grooming Salons.

There's one category for Pets Stores (which might have a grooming salon) and another one for Self Serve Pet Wash, but close to where I live, Pets Grooming Salons are not inside Pets Stores and don't have a Self Serve Pet Wash.

Could this be a new category?

Hi there Landbehrt.

There is no category for grooming salons. The forums are a great place to get feedback, so we'll see what others thing about this category proposal.

My opinion: a commercial category like this doesn't have much chance of passing peer review, but you never know!

Where we live (USA) most pet stores have grooming salons, so we think this category would overlap with that category and might therefore be redundant.

If your intent would be to restrict to independent pet grooming salons, we would be icon hunters in this category, as it does not seem interesting TO US.

Those are our 2 cents only -- others may find this category great fun. But we would waymark one and be done.

I was in the process of adding a waymark that is a grooming salon and I don't know where to put it!

I think the best category would be in animal category with a sub-category for "services".

Pet owners are always looking for different services. that would be a good category.

How do I apply for a new category?

I was in the process of adding a waymark that is a grooming salon and I don't know where to put it!

I think the best category would be in animal category with a sub-category for "services".

Pet owners are always looking for different services. that would be a good category.

How do I apply for a new category?

The first step (if you are a wise man) is to get feedback on the forums, which is exactly what this discussion is for. IF you feel you have enough support, you can then put together a group (recruit members), then write-up a proposal. Then come back to the forums to get feedback before submitting it for peer review. But please, listen to the comments before you consider proceeding.

If you do go forward with the category proposal, I wish you the best of luck.

Every time I see one of these I think about the fact that there isn't a Waymarking category for them. Then I think, "No, I don't feel like creating one." If you do, that is fine. I see no reason why we shouldn't have one. But, it should be restricted to independent pet grooming salons. As has already been mentioned, many pet stores offer grooming services and we do have a category for them. Some boarding kennels and pet breeders also offer grooming services, but these could be included in your category.

But, as others have also mentioned, the climate in the global Waymarking community at the moment is not favorable toward more commercial categories, so be prepared for a tough time in peer review. Although commercial categories have their detractors, I see no reason to deny them just because I don't like them. They are a big part of Waymarking, and I think they deserve a place so those that are interested in them can enjoy them, and everyone else can ignore them.

Although commercial categories have their detractors, I see no reason to deny them just because I don't like them. They are a big part of Waymarking, and I think they deserve a place so those that are interested in them can enjoy them, and everyone else can ignore them.

I think what you said pretty much sums it up.

Everyone here plays a different game. Some, like you have a high post and low visit count, others have high visit with low post, and there are those of us in between. One might not like the idea of "ice vending machines" being a Waymarking category, but why shoot it down because it is a "commercial category"? Same goes for all the others we have seen blown out of the water in peer review.

I could write a doctoral thesis on this subject, but I really don't think it would do any good.

All I would like to say is that maybe, just maybe, as Waymarkers we should be a little more open minded to what makes a "GOOD CATEGORY".

I shall now sit back and face the backlash of comments from the Waymarking Community....

The first step (if you are a wise man) is to get feedback on the forums, which is exactly what this discussion is for. IF you feel you have enough support, you can then put together a group (recruit members), then write-up a proposal. Then come back to the forums to get feedback before submitting it for peer review. But please, listen to the comments before you consider proceeding.

If you do go forward with the category proposal, I wish you the best of luck.

(if well written) I would support this idea in potential peer review

it is all global, prevalent enough, informative and not redundant