Can't send cache to GPS

budbon

When I click on a cache in the “Geocaching Map” the dropdown box asks to “Bookmark, Send to GPS or Log Visit”. I click on the “Send to GPS and the “Send toGPS” window opens but my Garmin 62S (or anything else) is listed. I have loaded the Garmin Communicator plugin4 different times. It shows is o the communicator but my 62S is not on the “Send to GPS” screen. The“Find Devices” screen is greyed out.

I have tried to open in Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome. Neither works. My operating system is Win 7. What am I doing wrong?

When I click on a cache in the “Geocaching Map” the dropdown box asks to “Bookmark, Send to GPS or Log Visit”. I click on the “Send to GPS and the “Send toGPS” window opens but my Garmin 62S (or anything else) is listed. I have loaded the Garmin Communicator plugin4 different times. It shows is o the communicator but my 62S is not on the “Send to GPS” screen. The“Find Devices” screen is greyed out.

I have tried to open in Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome. Neither works. My operating system is Win 7. What am I doing wrong?

No need to 'add your GPS'

IE does have a problem. Seems to be solved by changing 'Compatibility Mode' under Tools.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=457

6.15. Issues with Internet Explorer 11

If you are experiencing difficulties using the Send to GPS plugin, please take the following steps. If you are experiencing other issues in the IE 11 browser, this may be helpful to you as well.

We have identified some compatibility issues between Internet Explorer and Geocaching.com. We are working to address these, but in the meantime you can take some steps to ensure that you have the optimal view of our site through IE.

Go to your Tools menu.

Click "Compatibility View Settings" and insert geocaching.com under "Add this Website:".

Click "Add"

Click "Close".

Alternatively, you can access Geocaching.com through a different browser, such as Firefox or Chrome.

When I click on a cache in the "Geocaching Map" the dropdown box asks to "Bookmark, Send to GPS or Log Visit". I click on the "Send to GPS and the "Send toGPS" window opens but my Garmin 62S (or anything else) is listed. I have loaded the Garmin Communicator plugin4 different times. It shows is o the communicator but my 62S is not on the "Send to GPS" screen. The"Find Devices" screen is greyed out.

No need to 'add your GPS'

IE does have a problem. Seems to be solved by changing 'Compatibility Mode' under Tools.

http://support.Groun...=kb.page&id=457

6.15. Issues with Internet Explorer 11

If you are experiencing difficulties using the Send to GPS plugin, please take the following steps. If you are experiencing other issues in the IE 11 browser, this may be helpful to you as well.

We have identified some compatibility issues between Internet Explorer and Geocaching.com. We are working to address these, but in the meantime you can take some steps to ensure that you have the optimal view of our site through IE.

Go to your Tools menu.

Click "Compatibility View Settings" and insert geocaching.com under "Add this Website:".

Click "Add"

Click "Close".

Alternatively, you can access Geocaching.com through a different browser, such as Firefox or Chrome.

I had the same issue with Google Chrome.

Is the GPS in mass storage mode? I'm not sure that is a setting on the 62 but it is on the new eTrex and Oregon units so I suspect it may be the problem. Properly configured it should appear as a disk drive (perhaps two) in windows explorer. If it doesn't it will be invisible to all browsers.

I loaded the communicator on my laptop and get the same results. Both computers show two drives and both show the 62S in the communicator. I suspect it might be settings in the GPS itself. Is that possible? It is Garmin 62S with latest updates.

It shows up as two disk drives. I get the same results with Internet Explorer and Chrome.

Firefox.

I called Garmin about a problem with my edge 810 and their first response is Firefox. It seems thay don't know how to make a website that works on ie or chrome and that is always their first suggestion.

Instead of clicking on "Send to My GPS" use the "GPX file" button. When the computer asks were to save the file give it the GPS drive (in the Garmin/GPX folder). While mostly I use the API to get PQs, I use this method to get the occasional one off cache. I've never bothered with the Garmin plugin.

GooTrekker26, I'm confused. I open the Geocaching map and click on a geocache I like. How do I save it as a gpx file?

The "GPX file" button is on the cache page right next to the "Send to My GPS" button. You are going to the cache page so you can read the description, attributes, recent logs, etc aren't you?

GooTrekker26, I'm confused. I open the Geocaching map and click on a geocache I like. How do I save it as a gpx file?

The "GPX file" button is on the cache page right next to the "Send to My GPS" button. You are going to the cache page so you can read the description, attributes, recent logs, etc aren't you?

As GeoTrekker says... use the download links on the cache page(s) themselves. The map downloads have been wacky, intermittent or not at all for a while now.

1d8c6074-1dde-4542-96f5-435dee38a3b7.png

What is API?

Instead of clicking on "Send to My GPS" use the "GPX file" button. When the computer asks were to save the file give it the GPS drive (in the Garmin/GPX folder). While mostly I use the API to get PQs, I use this method to get the occasional one off cache. I've never bothered with the Garmin plugin.

Sure seems like a convoluted method. Last week I was able to see the geocaches on the map. I could see a few in the area I was interested, click on it and send it to my GPS. This week not so.

I'm even unable to get GSAK to see and download my pocket queries.

Sure seems like a convoluted method. Last week I was able to see the geocaches on the map. I could see a few in the area I was interested, click on it and send it to my GPS. This week not so.

I'm even unable to get GSAK to see and download my pocket queries.

I just tried my GSAC (v 8.4.0.0) on my Win 7 box and had no problems grabbing PQs. Try logging out of the web site and then back in again. Also check your firewall and router to see if anything has changed in either of them.

I'm getting the same "Plugin not installed" or "No devices found" when I connect my eTrex and my Nuvi. The Garmin plugin is up to date, but GC is not recognizing it. I use my eTrex when I'm out on the bike with the handlebar attachment so there is no risk to my phone. I will use the phone if need be once I get to GZ for the cache page, but the gpsr is much more accurate.

Odie

I have both laptop and desktop. It doesn't work on either. Laptop is Win 8, desktop Win 7.

Do you use a laptop? Desktop?

KingBee didn't get back to me about getting together for a plan of discussion about the forest service issue.

Do you want to meet up in town some time with the laptop? Then I can see what you are doing and compare it to what I do?

I'm available most every day.

Even today. How about I buy you lunch at Christina's today? Would love to chat.

Bud

I have both laptop and desktop. It doesn't work on either. Laptop is Win 8, desktop Win 7.

KingBee didn't get back to me about getting together for a plan of discussion about the forest service issue.

Do you want to meet up in town some time with the laptop? Then I can see what you are doing and compare it to what I do?

I'm available most every day.

Even today. How about I buy you lunch at Christina's today? Would love to chat.

Bud

Today and tomorrow I'm busy. Send me a pm and I'll send you my phone number so we can meet up.