Power Saw

s.f.g.

I just got word that the first coin I've been involved in designing is finished production!

19b1538d-2bd6-4e2a-bac0-be2c1e648662_zpsf4dd14c3.jpg

Background: In 2010 a group of us local cachers in Medicine Hat got together and set up a yearly weekend full of events and called it Southern Alberta Weekend or SAW. In 2012 a small faction of this group put it upon themselves to create a power trail series in an attempt to further attract other cachers to our city and called themselves Power Saw.

A few months ago I got together with this group and we discussed making a coin. Using an idea originally given to me by wavector and the pathtag they have been making for the past couple years we finally came along this blueprint. It is 2" by 3mm thick fully shaped so it looks like it could fit in and function with a miniature chop saw. It depicts their power saw mascot on the one side and the 3 main trails and their respective starting coordinates on the other. Of course fully trackable on geocaching.com with it's own icon!

Sorry had to express my jubilance somewhere and the happy dance just wasn't doing it today!

I just got word that the first coin I've been involved in designing is finished production!

19b1538d-2bd6-4e2a-bac0-be2c1e648662_zpsf4dd14c3.jpg

Background: In 2010 a group of us local cachers in Medicine Hat got together and set up a yearly weekend full of events and called it Southern Alberta Weekend or SAW. In 2012 a small faction of this group put it upon themselves to create a power trail series in an attempt to further attract other cachers to our city and called themselves Power Saw.

A few months ago I got together with this group and we discussed making a coin. Using an idea originally given to me by wavector and the pathtag they have been making for the past couple years we finally came along this blueprint. It is 2" by 3mm thick fully shaped so it looks like it could fit in and function with a miniature chop saw. It depicts their power saw mascot on the one side and the 3 main trails and their respective starting coordinates on the other. Of course fully trackable on geocaching.com with it's own icon!

Sorry had to express my jubilance somewhere and the happy dance just wasn't doing it today!

It looks like there will be two Powersaw coins this summer. Production is just wrapping up on another shaped coin using the same vector art for the SAW V event. I'll let the organizers reveal the design if that is their wish.

I really love this geocoin. With my husband used to work in the woods, he would love this geocoin. Did you make the dragonfly geocoins as well. I wanted to know how many versions were made and how many were made each. I love dragonflies and my birthday was on Tuesday and I would be in love to be able to trade or add one to my collection. It would bring me many of smiles. Feel free to send me a message. Thank You ~Valarie of sweetlife ~Keep On caching!

And we could get our hands on one .... 'how' ... ?? .... :D

Well before you can get your hands on them I'm going to have to get my hands on them first :laughing:! We've talked to a couple online shops about selling these but nothing concrete yet. For now if you're interested send me a message and when they arrive I will make up a paypal invoice and we can do it that way! The #s break up like this

100 RE Shiny Nickel

38 LE Shiny Gold

12 AE ????? - you may be wondering well what is the AE plating and enamel etc... the answer is I don't know. this could actually be a Ninja Edition :ph34r: rather than an AE as I got the design house to make this a surprise for me. The only stipulation was "Not solid 24ct gold w/ Swarovski crystal eyes because I'm too poor for that".

Right now we will be keeping some aside for locals and those who come down to do the trails but I will have a good hunk for online if it's needed. A maximum of 8 AE will be sold as the rest are give away's/keepers and I will only be able to sell 2 right away.

RE $15, LE $20, AE $25 - all + shipping. $ is in CAD

Shipping: The amount it costs to ship is the amount I will charge you. The cost to ship without a tracking # can be anywhere from $2-$6 (depending on size and destination obviously). Shipping with a tracking code within canada is about as much as an RE & to the US and Int is about as much as an AE. This means unless you specifically ask for one I will not be shipping with a tracking number.

All procedes go back into maintaining these trails and for further coins.

Thanks for the interest!

It looks like there will be two Powersaw coins this summer. Production is just wrapping up on another shaped coin using the same vector art for the SAW V event. I'll let the organizers reveal the design if that is their wish.

Maybe I'll have to search that one out? :ph34r:

Alright! After a bit of weirdness of getting our special editions in a bit early, everything is ready to rock!

Regular Edition (RE)

DSC03925_zps6cabaa3e.jpg

Special Edition (SE)

DSC03926_zps45bbe0da.jpg

Limited Edition (LE)

DSC03927_zps2a227072.jpg

Special Limited Edition (SLE)

DSC03928_zps392443ee.jpg

Artists Edition (AE) - only 2 left!

aaf14ad8-05db-495e-839a-56ec7cc1010c_zps7ee48499.jpg

Because all came in together costs have been reset down to:

RE&SE $12.50

LE&SLE $17.50

AE $20

Thanks to all those who've already purchased one or some! If you're interested send me an email!

edit: image sizes

Edited by s.f.g.

Received my set today, love them !

Handled them with care so the little surprise was not needed !

Thanks !

I wasn't as lucky ... nor as careful ...

I am dictating this to my cat for transcribing since typing with gauze wrapped fingers that resemble mittens is just not possible ... :lol:

cat_laptop-1.jpg

My kitty will be expecting his royalty payments in geocoins for releasing this pic without his model release .... :D

Thanks !

I am dictating this to my cat for transcribing since typing with gauze wrapped fingers that resemble mittens is just not possible ... :lol:

cat_laptop-1.jpg

My kitty will be expecting his royalty payments in geocoins for releasing this pic without his model release .... :D

My question is if your hands are wrapped in gauze so thick that you needed your cat to type... who - or what - took the picture?

Thanks !

cat_laptop-1.jpg

My question is if your hands are wrapped in gauze so thick that you needed your cat to type... who - or what - took the picture?

bccd01a5-4c65-4595-96b3-b361af359f78.jpg

any other questions ... :rolleyes:

They are both also qualified in the art of selfies .... ^_^