Activity sync

tomyvi

There was an issue with a previous version of the app that caused it to fail to ever send saved logs after they initially failed to upload. This has been fixed, but unfortunately any such logs are going to be permanently stuck in that state. You will want to uninstall the app and reinstall the latest version, then re-log the missing caches.

There was an issue with a previous version of the app that caused it to fail to ever send saved logs after they initially failed to upload. This has been fixed, but unfortunately any such logs are going to be permanently stuck in that state. You will want to uninstall the app and reinstall the latest version, then re-log the missing caches.

Moun10Bike, I have version 2.4.1 of the Intro app on my iPad, which according to the iTunes Store is the latest app. Yesterday, I tried finding a geocache with it for the first time. After I found the cache, I chose "Found It," typed in some comments, and tapped "Post." The log page disappeared, but this morning, I saw no sign of the log on the Geocaching.com website. I started looking for help to figure out what happened, and found this thread.

Well, guess what--after I opened the app again and tried to find the sent log (which I couldn't, because apparently the Intro app doesn't let you display those), I just looked at my profile on Gc.com again, and the cache is there. I had only a weak cellular data connection when I was at the cache site. Is it possible that if the log can't be sent at the time you post it, it doesn't try again until you re-open the app? My iPad has had a solid Wi-Fi connection since I got home last night, but apparently I had to open the app in order for the log to be sent to Gc.com?