... report suspicious behavior?

FunkyFamily_de

Tonight user SpiritOfUnderground just logged two of my caches which are 80 km away from each other. Actual found should have been months ago, but at the same day. When I now look at his account the number of logs is heavily increasing as I write this. All he leaves is "Im Team gelogt, nun Nachlog im eigenen Account. Vielen Dank" (logged in team, now relogging with own account).

Who can look into that to check, if it's okay. Wrote him a note, but don't have an answer yet.

Tonight user SpiritOfUnderground just logged two of my caches which are 80 km away from each other. Actual found should have been months ago, but at the same day. When I now look at his account the number of logs is heavily increasing as I write this. All he leaves is "Im Team gelogt, nun Nachlog im eigenen Account. Vielen Dank" (logged in team, now relogging with own account).

Who can look into that to check, if it's okay. Wrote him a note, but don't have an answer yet.

From the Guidelines:

As the owner of your cache listing, your responsibility includes quality control of all posts to the cache listing. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off-topic or otherwise inappropriate.

The short answer is, you are responsible to check if it's OK, and the expectation, according the the Guidelines, is that you will Delete any bogus Log Entries. The most common way of checking whether the Find Log is valid or not, is to see if the User signed the logbook/sheet. It's usually considered polite to email the User through their Profile to explain the Log Deletion ahead of time, in order to give them the opportunity to correct the mistake, like you've already done.

You can also report the User to Groundspeak if you wish:

Email Us

From the Guidelines:

As the owner of your cache listing, your responsibility includes quality control of all posts to the cache listing. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off-topic or otherwise inappropriate.

The short answer is, you are responsible to check if it's OK, and the expectation, according the the Guidelines, is that you will Delete any bogus Log Entries. The most common way of checking whether the Find Log is valid or not, is to see if the User signed the logbook/sheet. It's usually considered polite to email the User through their Profile to explain the Log Deletion ahead of time, in order to give them the opportunity to correct the mistake, like you've already done.

You can also report the User to Groundspeak if you wish:

Email Us

+1 on this.

We had a newer cacher log found on four of ours in one day a while back with some of them duplicate finds a few hours apart. From the way the logs were written and duplicated we were suspicious because they found over a dozen caches total in one day in the area (at the time we checked anyway) and other people's caches had duplicate finds as well. They had no validated email account to ask them; also the duplicate logs on the same caches had words just a bit different in the post so they weren't accidental duplicates. While at work the next day I stopped and looked at the four logs and guess what, they had signed one of the four logs they allegedly found (signed "pocket park"). Needless to say we deleted all the duplicate finds and three of the four that did not have the log signed. Maybe we shouldn't have been so quick to jump the gun and delete them, but the way we see it is if you find a cache then sign the logbook and don't try to bloat your numbers by logging the same find twice.

Edited by Team Dredd
All he leaves is "Im Team gelogt, nun Nachlog im eigenen Account. Vielen Dank" (logged in team, now relogging with own account).

It sounds like they found the caches when hunting as a team/couple, and have now created their own account and so they're relogging everything they found under their own name. This happens quite a lot, I've done if for my wife and kids. Of course if this is the case when you check the log in the cache you won't see this person's name in there. When I did this I always wrote a note saying "found with MartyBartfast, now logging under my own account".

All he leaves is "Im Team gelogt, nun Nachlog im eigenen Account. Vielen Dank" (logged in team, now relogging with own account).

It sounds like they found the caches when hunting as a team/couple, and have now created their own account and so they're relogging everything they found under their own name.

If I was doing something like that, and I got an PM from a cache owner asking about the found it logs on one of their caches, I'd respond right away to explain why I was relogging everything.

This doesn't sound at all suspicious to me. It sounds like something that happens frequently--someone who found caches as part of a team account now has their own and is "back logging" in their own account. Maybe a kid who was included in the parent's account and now wants to use their own.