Cache on an Island?

nateo44

I am brand new to caching and am wondering if putting a cache on an island in a lake that would require the use of a boat would be off limits? My wife and I have a cottage on such and island and thought that might be fun! What would the Difficulty/Terain rating of such a thing be?

Thanks for any input. I can't wait to start caching with my wifes new Garmin Ique 3600.

As long as the island is open to the public and people know going in special equipment is needed, I don't see an issue.

There are tons of "need boat to reach" caches out there. They are great fun.

Just make sure noone gets arrested looking for yours icon_wink.gif

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

quote:
What would the Difficulty/Terain rating of such a thing be?

Difficulty could be 1-5 but the terrain would be a 5 because it requires special equipment.

I have one [http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=70442] and chose to drop heavy hints that the hunter should think first before dashing out to find. The map on the cache page pretty clearly shows it pretty clearly in the water. Mapquest and Topozone show it on an island.

Have fun with it.

Gary

"I'm not lost. I'm field checking."

Is the island personal property? You can hide caches on personal property.....just remember that you, as the owner of the property, are liable for any injuries. I planned on hiding some caches on my own property but decided that the risk is too great. I know most cachers are good people. But it only takes one bad cacher to make me broke. Muskytooth

Hermits have no peer pressure.

Yes there are fees to access it by watercraft, but it can be done cheaper than the day permit fee of $16 bucks. Rent a tandem canoe for $6 an hour. If the wind isn't too bad, and you know how to paddle, Canu-Canoe could be done in an hour. I would plan for two and enjoy the trip and have a picnic after.

G

"I'm not lost. I'm field checking."