Not Activated Bug Found!

VickyJ1994

I've found a travel bug that hasn't been activated! It was found in Salmonier Nature Park, Newfoundland. If you left this bug or know who left this bug, and you forgot to activate it,let me know!

Which cache did you find it in? You've not logged any finds, so if you could post the GC code of the cache, that would be helpful.

Could you describe more specifically how you found it, and where?

It's not often that an unactivated travel bug is out there, so the more details we have the easier it would be to help.

B.

I've found a travel bug that hasn't been activated! It was found in Salmonier Nature Park, Newfoundland. If you left this bug or know who left this bug, and you forgot to activate it,let me know!

You just say travel bug, not what it looks like or what cache you found it in.

How could someone know what you're talking about if you don't describe it , with the cache's GC# ?

You started today and already know of an unactivated TB? Odd.

I don't have a device that actively uses geocache / I don't geocache myself. There are no geocaches in the Nature park, or at least none that are authorized or allowed to be there. It was found dropped next to the trail by another staff member in a camo container (about the size you get for mints) and the bug itself is a small oval with a Canada flag on one side. I'll check with the other staff when I'm working again to see if anyone has claimed it / if anyone uses geocache and can check for the information you guys are asking for. (Sorry if I confused anyone. I don't know anything about this stuff!)

Okay, now I think I get it.

Maybe dropped accidently (or placed with no permission) and a non-cacher found it.

A Travel Bug would have what looks like a dog tag attached, with Trackable at Geocaching.com's spiel on one side and a numbered "code" (the tracking number) that when entered, would show what it is, where it's been and who it belongs to.

A geocoin could be round, oval (or any shape really).

Most kinda look like a fancy coin.

The tracking number for them is on the front, back, or even edge of the coin.

Sounds like it was placed in a micro cache container and dropped.

A container would also have had a paper log for signatures inside.

Assuming you already attempted to log it by its number (claiming it's unactivated), sometimes zero and "O", I and 1 , etc. look alike enough to mess up logging them in.

It's called, "Travel Bug Origins - Canada" on the trackable search.

Is unactivated. Odd.

Not for much longer, unless the code is edited out of that post.

Otherwise, it will likely be activated by a nefarious third party, then be flooded with "Greetings from Germany" logs