Garmin GPSmap 60CSx don't find setellites any more

Does anybody have similar problem? GPSmap 60CSx suddenly lost all satellite connection when I switched the device off and on again after 30 minutes.

Garmin support advised as follows:

"To reset your satellites:

Go to your satellite page.

Select Menu

Select 'Use with GPS off'

Select menu

Select auto locate

Select automatic

Once you've done this, leave the device outdoors for about 15-20 minutes. "

I did as advised, but no result. Have you any experience about similar problem and how to fix it?

That's the 60 procedure even though the link says 62.

My 60CSx developed a funny quirk after I loaded v4.20 of the firmware. If I turn it off, then back on again within a few minutes (a warm start), it won't get satellites. Or rather, it'll take an unusually long time, and when it finally does, it'll think I'm miles away. Eventually it gets its head out of its USB port and figures out the correct location. Totally messes up the track log.

Simple workaround. If I turn it on "warm" and it's having trouble getting sats, I turn it off and try again. That usually works.

This is why I don't automatically install upgrades when Garmin tells me to.

Thank you for your replies. Now eveything has been resetted and all data erased, but satellites stay absent. :/

I think I'll send the my 60CSx to GPS machines heaven.

I Ordered Garmin Monterra which will arrive around next week. I hope it is better.

Does anybody have similar problem? GPSmap 60CSx suddenly lost all satellite connection when I switched the device off and on again after 30 minutes.

Garmin support advised as follows:

"To reset your satellites:

Go to your satellite page.

Select Menu

Select 'Use with GPS off'

Select menu

Select auto locate

Select automatic

Once you've done this, leave the device outdoors for about 15-20 minutes. "

I did as advised, but no result. Have you any experience about similar problem and how to fix it?

Once, when I quickly cycled power, I had the same thing happen. I was try to turn on the backlight. It appears that the unit can get corrupted software in such circumstances. I managed to reload the software/firmware on the unit and all is good now. My recollection is that the update process via the Garmin Updater didn't work. I had to use a more manual approach. I got the file I needed from http://gawisp.com/perry/ It is possible to check the version of software you unit is currently using. If it reads 0.0 then the software has been corrupted. MENU > MENU > Setup > ENTR > System > ENTR > MENU >Software Version > ENTR

Edited by chuck4564

Hey Kelju, sorry to hear about your old trusty 60. Any chance your thinking of selling the broken 60? I have a 60 that has a cracked case and I could really use the case from yours if it's in decent shape. You can message me through my profile on Groundspeak.com. Thanks!