64st disappearing found geocaches

I just used my new 64st today and found 16 geocaches. I added my own gpx files to the unit, loading them from GSAK. everything went well. But, after I log a cache as found on the 64st the cache disappears from my map screen. My other Garmin friends show an open chest when they log a cache as found on their map screen. (they are using Oregon 450 & 650) Any idea why mine disappears?

Could this be a setting on the unit or the formatting of my gpx file? the found caches show up on my list of found caches, so the 64st is recording them as being found. they are just disappearing from my map screen after finding. I would still like to see the location of found geocaches. My Delrome PN60 shows a yellow smiley face for finds, my friends Garmin gps's show an open chest. either would be ok with me, I'd just like to see them on my map screen and not have the geocache disappear after being found. Thanks

Garmin 64st

Firmware 3.0

GSAK to load gpx files

1404742864[/url]' post='5399838']

On the map, hit MENU -> Geocache Filter -> Status -> Found (should be a green check mark next to it now) -> hit BACK -> Apply Filter.

That's It! They now appear... Knew it had to be a setting, I just could find it. Thank you so much!!!!!

1 hour ago, WellJointed said:

Today my openstreetmaps disappeared but that's another issue.

I can think of a couple of things that may have happened:

1. your OSM map is hidden under another map. Go to setup > maps > whatever the first option is that will let you select which maps are enabled. 
  2. You've installed a second OSM map, and because they get named the same, the new map overwrote the old map. You need a tool such as JaVaWa to make your OSM downloads distinct from one another.

Thanks Mineral2.  I think it might have been simpler than that, like stupidly simple, or absentmindedness.  I might have just deleted it when cleaning up old files getting ready for a trip to Arizona and then while in AZ thinking I hadn't requested the northern Arizona tiles from OSM.  I had my 60csx with ancient Garmin maps on it so I got around OK but when hiking or driving with just the 64s there were caches, especially earthcaches, I didn't realize were in the area until I searched using the list.  I just reloaded my OSM file for Western USA-Cananda-Puerto Vallarta onto the 64 and the OSM file I just got today for the greater Ohio Area.  They both came with the same generic name, gmapsupp.img, so I changed to new names (e.g. "Ohio area gmapsupp.img") and copied them directly onto the 64s in the Garmin directory.  All the street maps now appear when I zoom into those areas.  Yea!

However, back to the filters:

When I turn the GPS off and restart it, the filters disappear and I have to hit "Apply Filters" again.  Any thoughts on that?

I got it.  I did a reset (take out the batteries and re-insert them) and no change.  I did a factory reset and it seemed to fix the problem of having to Apply Filters after a restart.  Now all the geocaches appear on the map. To do a factory reset, turn off the GPS then hold the Page and Menu buttons and restart, then click yes to removing data.  After the factory reset, my PQ data and maps were all still there, but I had to set up preferences again (color schemes, page sequences, etc.).