Multiple Zone issues with Android device

Zorkan_Heneron

I have a cartridge that works well with Garmin Oregon and IOS products but while beta testing a friends Android product the zones were acting very odd.

Here is the situation: I have a small zone 10 X 10 (all numbers in feet) with a distance of 100 and a proximity of 10. There is a second zone 80 X 80 in the same location as the small zone with a "on exit" trigger to save cartridge. The smaller zone has a distance trigger to make itself visible and a proximity trigger to "activate" and "make visible" the larger zone and "deactivate" and "make invisible" the smaller zone. There is also a message that comes up. All of the items and interaction occurs in the larger zone.

What is suppose to happen and does on Garmin and IOS:

The small zone is not visible but active. The large zone is inactive and not visible. At 100 ft. the small zone becomes visible. The player continues towards the zone. At 10 ft. the smaller zone become inactive and not visible and the larger zone becomes active and visible. The player is well within the larger zone and can see all the items. Upon exiting the larger zone the cartridge is saved and the player moves on to the next zone and the process is repeated.

This is what happens with the Android device:

Even though at the beginning, the small zones are only active and NOT visible, the zones can be seen. As a matter of fact several zones are seen even though their distance is set at 100 and the player is farther away then that.

As the player approaches the smaller zone, at around 80 ft. (coincidently the edge of the larger room ???) the proximity trigger for the smaller room occurs. It also triggers a multitude of times and continues to trigger until the player moves closer to the center of the zone. (In one of the zones the player gets attacked and takes damage. They have in their inventory a "Hit Points" variable that indicated a -287 hit points, telling my the "on proximity" triggered close to 90 times).

The player is able to interact with the items in the larger zone and starts to carry on to the next zone. At this point the smaller zone should be inactive and not visible. The player cannot see the smaller zone anymore but can see the larger zone. As the player approaches the exit to the Larger zone, 80 ft, the proximity trigger for the smaller zone occurs repeatedly again, even though the smaller zone is inactive. The same is repeated for each approach of a zone.

The info for the phone is :

Company Name is BLU

Model Number BLU DASH 4.0

Android Version 4.0.4

Kernal Version 3.0.21-perf

Hardware Version C1-V2.2

Build number BLU_D270_V07_GENERIC Fri Jun 14 18:08:30 CST 2013

We thought that phone accuracy may be at play to have it trigger at 80 ft instead of 10, but repeated trials have it always at 80 ft. That and the fact that it shouldn't trigger at all when the zone is inactive. The fact that it works well with the Garmin and IOS products has my friend thinking he needs another phone. Are there known issues with Androids or is it maybe just this type of Phone/Player?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

More than the version number of Android it is usefull to know the version of the WhereYouGo player. And even better it would be to have a test cartridge (play anywhere prefered), which shows this behavior.

This is the version of the WhereYouGo Player: 0.8.10 Authored by Menion Asamm.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a play anywhere cartridge. How do you make a zone that needs coordinates but can be played anywhere?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

So, now I have understand, that the zip file is no zip file, but a gwc file.

Ok, I converted it and read it into Urwigo to change the coordinates of one of this zone combinations. Than I go outside and tested it. On my HTC HD2 Android 4.2.2 phone all work correct. When in proximity of the small zone, I get a message (bookcase) and the large zone is activated. When I check the proximity counter, it shows 1 as result.

Sorry, no better news. Seems to be your test device.

So, now I have understand, that the zip file is no zip file, but a gwc file.

Ok, I converted it and read it into Urwigo to change the coordinates of one of this zone combinations. Than I go outside and tested it. On my HTC HD2 Android 4.2.2 phone all work correct. When in proximity of the small zone, I get a message (bookcase) and the large zone is activated. When I check the proximity counter, it shows 1 as result.

Sorry, no better news. Seems to be your test device.

Thanks charlenni, I was wondering what app you were using? The one we were testing on was whereyougo.