Etrex venture hc and gsak

Primevci

I have gsak and a etrex I figured out how to upload them to my unit but I don't like the name it puts on on my unit I would rather have the cgi code how do I fix that I see there is a cam and line for name it uses but I don't know the proper code to put in thatnks

Use %code for Name if you want the GC code. You can also check the help pages for GSAK. Generally, you'll get much faster response if you ask on the GSAK forums.

I'll second the help pages within GSAK (although they are not intuitive unless you are used to it).

If you have the Send to GPS dialogue box open, click on the Help button. This will bring up a help screen with a screen shot of the dialogue box and if you click on the part of the screen shot you are interested in, it will open another help screen (it took me a while to work this out).

So if you click on the "Waypoint name" part of the screen shot it will open a page on "waypoint name". From there click on "special tags" which will provide you with a heap of different outputs for that field.

I have a Venture HC too and I use "%drop2%smart". This sends the GC code minus the "GC" (redundant) and then appends the Smart Name. I believe this is the best option for the limited capacity of the Venture. (I use "%hint" in the Waypoint Description field).