Truck and RV friendly caches

I wish to thank all that have contributed to my bookmark lists of truck and RV friendly caches. With your help we have grown one list to the breaking point and am dividing it to make more space available. Check your states closely before downloading, some Central U.S. states are being moved to Midwest.

Please keep sending your suggestions and cache submissions to ME remembering that there must be legal and safe parking for an 18-wheeler within reasonable walking distance.

Central U.S.

Eastern U.S.

Midwest States U.S.

Southeastern U.S.

Western U.S.

edit to fix links

Edited by Trucker Lee

We've always appreciated your lists for when we are towing our RV. Other than running a PQ or CAR, is there an easy way to see what state a given cache is in? (I struggle with that on our own bookmark lists, so I always add a line in the bookmark to note the state).

Thanks for your efforts!

Mrs. Car54

We've always appreciated your lists for when we are towing our RV. Other than running a PQ or CAR, is there an easy way to see what state a given cache is in? (I struggle with that on our own bookmark lists, so I always add a line in the bookmark to note the state).

Thanks for your efforts!

Mrs. Car54

Not to give Trucker Lee a hard time, but I did suggest that to him years ago. (And great job of maintaining the list for all these years!) Basically, you have to alter the cache names, and put the State before the cache name. For example, if their were a cache in Illinois named "I-90 Rest area", you would alter the cache name to be "Illinois - I-90 Rest area". And then of course as an added bonus, the caches would be in alphabetical order by State name.

How many who use these (and other) bookmark list take the time to rate the list? Did you,know you can? And do those of you with public lists read your ratings? Just got my first RV and looking forward to using the fruits of your labors.

snip

Basically, you have to alter the cache names, and put the State before the cache name. For example, if their were a cache in Illinois named "I-90 Rest area", you would alter the cache name to be "Illinois - I-90 Rest area". And then of course as an added bonus, the caches would be in alphabetical order by State name.

I didn't know you could do that! Thanks for the tip - I love it!

Mrs. Car54

snip

Basically, you have to alter the cache names, and put the State before the cache name. For example, if their were a cache in Illinois named "I-90 Rest area", you would alter the cache name to be "Illinois - I-90 Rest area". And then of course as an added bonus, the caches would be in alphabetical order by State name.

I didn't know you could do that! Thanks for the tip - I love it!

Mrs. Car54

Oh, I would have never figured that out, I saw other people do it over the years. You don't have to retype the cache name, you just have to insert the State before it. Here's another one. If you want to number the caches, say The 25 oldest caches in Wisconsin, put a 00, 01==>25 in front of them. If you just go 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. it's going to be messed up when you get to 11. :) If you have 100 caches it would have to be 000, 001, 002, etc.