Northeast Ohio Geocachers night at the pub.

Guest Froggy

I figured I'd move this idea to a new thread!

I posted in another thread the concept of maybe having a geocachers gettogether at a local pub in the University Circle / Cleveland area. My personal favorite is the Barking Spider (decent ambiance, cozy, relatively friendly place) or Jillians (pool hall, bar, games, etc.). Maybe we could do something like this in a few weeks time. Also, for those that haven't had time to come to he area yet, there are two caches within the surround area! (area code 44106).

Anyway, it's just an idea. I figured it would be best to keep that discussion to its own thread, lest we annoy out of towners who don't share our enthusiasm or can't make it.

Sound like a good idea. I am in the processes of making my "Girlfriend with a Ring" into "Girlfriend with TWO! Rings" So I will be pretty busy until the first of April. But I like the idea.

Guest Quinnow

cool idea...have your girlfrined find that second ring with the GPS...if she finds it, you take her to the church, if not, then you're a free man...could call it Geowedding

Guest Froggy

Well, we haven't done it yet. I'm thinking now in the next couple of weeks. I will post more details to this thread as it progresses. Location will be given in coordinates, of course. You can find your own way there. icon_wink.gif

Guest Froggy

Well, we haven't done it yet. I'm thinking now in the next couple of weeks. I will post more details to this thread as it progresses. Location will be given in coordinates, of course. You can find your own way there. icon_wink.gif

Guest rprice

Just found this site, great idea. I plan on looking for Froggy's cashe in the Doan Brook ravine soon. My vote for the pub would be the Barking Spider aswell...they have a great "bubble top" hockey game. Of course The Colony on Lee Rd makes really good cheeseburgers.

bob

Guest Froggy

So, what day is good for people in General? Mondays, Thursdays tend to be bad for me. Fridays and Saturdays can be worked out usually depending on what's going on.

Guest OblongFred

Did this happen, or did this just fizzle out? I didn't find out about Geocaching until September or October, somewhere around there. It would be nice to be able to put faces with names.

Guest Hamster

I dont' know... but I think it would be fun to have a Northeast Ohio Cachers Meeting

quote:
Originally posted by OblongFred:

Did this happen, or did this just fizzle out? I didn't find out about Geocaching until September or October, somewhere around there. It would be nice to be able to put faces with names.

I don't think it happened. March was bad for me. I was adding a second ring to my girlfriends collection. I think it would be a good idea though. We just have to figure out how to orginize it.

mcb

Guest OblongFred

How about doing a breakfast/brunch get together on a Sunday morning? Like go to a Old Country Buffet or another buffet type place, that way you cover just about everyones tastes in food and plenty of room. Usually if you get a big enough group, the price per person will go down. And doing it this way, its more family oriented.

Hey, just a though.

------------------

Never hold a cat and a Dustbuster at the same time.

[This message has been edited by OblongFred (edited 09 January 2002).]

Guest Choberiba

Hamster: I'd hate to drive 2 far

According to Mapquest, your commute would be about 19 miles and take a half hour.

For me on the other hand....

Total Distance: 2480.82 miles Total Estimated Time: 41 hours, 41 minutes

Guest Hamster

hehe Actually, I'm in Streetsboro, Ohio a satellite city of cleveland which is actually about 8 minutes drive from Macedonia. I see you have been doing your homework though. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Choberiba:

According to Mapquest, your commute would be about 19 miles and take a half hour.

Guest Hamster

hehe Actually, I'm in Streetsboro, Ohio a satellite city of cleveland which is actually about 8 minutes drive from Macedonia. I see you have been doing your homework though. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Choberiba:

Guest doc_ott

quote:
Originally posted by Don&Betty:

Are there ever any group get-togethers among all the geocachers in the Lansing, MI or Ann Arbor, MI areas? I'd be interested in attending.

Just let me know when and where, and I am there. icon_smile.gif

Guest doc_ott

quote:
Originally posted by Don&Betty:

Are there ever any group get-togethers among all the geocachers in the Lansing, MI or Ann Arbor, MI areas? I'd be interested in attending.

Just let me know when and where, and I am there. icon_smile.gif

Long time since I've posted in this forum and thread.

In any regard, I'd love to see something get started. I admit I haven't had much time to go geocaching recently (although my Cleveland Heights cache is still very alive and kicking... and has lots of interesting stories... news crews, people getting hurt, egads!)

In any regard, I will keep tuned here and hope that I find any time to go out cache hunting. icon_smile.gif

Long time since I've posted in this forum and thread.

In any regard, I'd love to see something get started. I admit I haven't had much time to go geocaching recently (although my Cleveland Heights cache is still very alive and kicking... and has lots of interesting stories... news crews, people getting hurt, egads!)

In any regard, I will keep tuned here and hope that I find any time to go out cache hunting. icon_smile.gif

Guest SherwoodForest

hey, another NE Ohio cacher here.. well newbie cacher, but i hope to find some caches this weekend. I'd certainly be up to meeting other cachers in the area...

im completely down for meeting up with you cacherz! as you prolly know im in South 3uclid so just let me know!

maybe we should all just decide on a day and someone post some coordinates of a spot! and then have a flag on their table or something to let us know your a cacher! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

. . . . . ..T 3 a |/| B a || d i T 0.. . . .

im completely down for meeting up with you cacherz! as you prolly know im in South 3uclid so just let me know!

maybe we should all just decide on a day and someone post some coordinates of a spot! and then have a flag on their table or something to let us know your a cacher! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

. . . . . ..T 3 a |/| B a || d i T 0.. . . .

There are several of us NE Ohio Geocachers out in the Lake County and Ashtabula County areas who have discussed getting together to share Geocaching stories over a meal. Depending on location and date we might be interested in participating.

Lake County and Ashtabula County areas

heres and idea, our friendly naturalist from the Cleveland Metroparks is proposing a planning meeting for the upcomming cache hunt scheduled for July.

How about we try and get ourselves together enmass to meet n greet & to pitch in our ideas to help fellow geocacher Carly out?

Seriously, considering all the negitive that is said about our hobby by various parks management accross the country .. we have some strong advocates in our local parks... I for one am gladly willing to support them!

I think we need 2 event caches... one for the date of the actual event and one perhaps for theplanning meeting perhaps in June?

wOOt!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<-T 3 a |/| B a || d i T 0->

S [] U T |-| 3 U < |_ i D [] |-| | []

inserted message

Cleveland Metroparks

Geocacher posted May 07, 2002 01:48 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cleveland Metroparks summer social will be on Sunday, July 21. The clue-caches will be out Friday - Sunday. They won't be too tough - do-able in a day.

If people want to help brainstorm - I could really use it! Let me know and we'll have a meeting.

Carly Martin

(440) 247-7075

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heres and idea, our friendly naturalist from the Cleveland Metroparks is proposing a planning meeting for the upcomming cache hunt scheduled for July.

How about we try and get ourselves together enmass to meet n greet & to pitch in our ideas to help fellow geocacher Carly out?

Seriously, considering all the negitive that is said about our hobby by various parks management accross the country .. we have some strong advocates in our local parks... I for one am gladly willing to support them!

I think we need 2 event caches... one for the date of the actual event and one perhaps for theplanning meeting perhaps in June?

wOOt!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<-T 3 a |/| B a || d i T 0->

S [] U T |-| 3 U < |_ i D [] |-| | []

inserted message

Cleveland Metroparks

Geocacher posted May 07, 2002 01:48 PM

The Cleveland Metroparks summer social will be on Sunday, July 21. The clue-caches will be out Friday - Sunday. They won't be too tough - do-able in a day.

If people want to help brainstorm - I could really use it! Let me know and we'll have a meeting.

Carly Martin

(440) 247-7075

How about Friday May 31st at 6:30 p.m.? Is that time late enough for any interested people to come after work?

I want to get the invites off to everyone by mid-June -so this would give me pleanty of time.

I don't know exactly what an event cache is, but I'll figure it out and post one if a couple people reply that this time is okay.

Carly Martin

Well - it's me, the-not-wearing-green-and-brown-Carly.

If people want to meet with the-green-and-brown-wearing-Carly about the picnic planning meeting on May 31st at 6:30, how about we pick another time (8:00?) and place (Mayfield maybe?) for those who want to socialize after?

What do you think? icon_wink.gif

Well - it's me, the-not-wearing-green-and-brown-Carly.

If people want to meet with the-green-and-brown-wearing-Carly about the picnic planning meeting on May 31st at 6:30, how about we pick another time (8:00?) and place (Mayfield maybe?) for those who want to socialize after?

What do you think? icon_wink.gif

quote:

I don't know exactly what an event cache is, but I'll figure it out and post one if a couple people reply that this time is okay.

Carly Martin

An event cache is like a picnic or get together of cachers, whether to just to get together or as a planning out whats going on in the area.

I say we just raid a Denny's or a resturant of some sort where you sit down and can talk. (Fast food resturants, for some strange reason, don't like people hanging around to long after they are done.) Most places want a head count so they know how many to expect. Unfortuntly, my Wife won't be ably to go. That is here late night to work. But I'll be there, where ever it is!

Never hold a cat and a Dustbuster at the same time.