How do I get a new category started

I want to start a new category in Vehicles for tracked vehicles such as bulldozers, etc. How do I submit this for approval?

First, read the Waymarking FAQ:

http://www.Waymarking.com/help/faq.aspx

Second, discuss the potential category here in the forums. I PROMISE you that this can save you so much time and headache if you get feedback from the active members who will be later voting on your category in peer review. Provide details about the category you have in mind. Maybe it already exists? Maybe someone else has tried to get that category approved, and it was a disaster. Maybe someone can help you fine tune the idea to increase the chances of it passing peer review. If the forum discussion indicates that other waymarkers think the category won't pass, or isn't a good idea, take the advice to heart.

There are no guarantees. About a year ago there was a category discussion and pretty good support for a category. Despite the feedback, fine tuning, and general support, it did not pass peer review. It happens. But generally speaking, the forums can really help you determine this ahead of time.

Good luck with your new idea.

Max and 99 said it all.

The biggest obstacle in your case might be the "Old Tractors" category. They accept much more as you would suggest by the category name. A minor overlap is no problem, but when it becomes more or less redundant then a new category has little chance to be accepted.

Max and 99 said it all.

The biggest obstacle in your case might be the "Old Tractors" category. They accept much more as you would suggest by the category name. A minor overlap is no problem, but when it becomes more or less redundant then a new category has little chance to be accepted.

Yeah, I saw that category, but they are stating in theirs that the bulldozers should be 1950 or earlier, possibly a little newer for special circumstances, I would like to include newer models and other tracked equipment such as draglines, backhoes, tracked bobcats, etc.