Hello Ohio Cachers!!

Seeker BP

Hi! Right now I live in Columbus...Bexley area...but the Akron area will always be home to me =) And hey Cuyahoga Falls! I was up there last week...its like Cheers for me there...NORM!!! lol.. I'm always on the lookout for fellow cachers in my area, and when the weather gets warm, I hope to do some caching around my old stomping grounds...if anyone has any recommendations...let me know! =)

quote:
Originally posted by David Stein:

Brand-new NEO cacher, here. Living in Parma, a suburb of Cleveland.

- David Stein

Where about in Parma? I lived just off of Ridge Rd. a little south of Snow for about 2 years.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 0:

Where about in Parma? I lived just off of Ridge Rd. a little south of Snow for about 2 years.

That's about a 10-minute drive from me. I'm in a house off of Broadview, just north of Peasant Valley - looking forward to meeting other NEO Geocachers at whatever social event is next!

- David Stein

I currently live in the Victorian Village area just nort of downtoan Columbus. Before moving here, I lived (and went to school) in Westerville. I'm originally from the northern Cincy 'burbs. I grew in Goshen, Loveland, Springdal and Sharonville.

Given the limited number of caches in downtown Cowlumbus, I'm going to focus my efforts on benchmarks for the time being. Then I'll move out to the numerous caches along 315 and along the northern outer belt.

I'm in Centerville, a suburb of Dayton. Caching since March 2003. Will proudly find my 50th cache this weekend! Originally hail from Federal Way, Washington. Had a five year stint in Cleveland, as well.

UPSCWRU (University of Puget Sound, Case Western Reserve University)

Guess I'll chime in with a big Hello.

I'm originally from Cleveland, lived in and around Columbus from 12 to 17 yrs of age, then joined the Air Force in '72.

Spent 4 years at Wright-Pat in Fairborn, and after 3 years on Okinawa, been stuck in Southern California ever since. Gotta go where the money is, I guess.

Got my brother and a few sisters interested in geocaching last December. They live in the Obetz, Gratiot, and Thornville areas. They're waiting for this travel bug to arrive. It's currently stuck in the upper peninsula of Michigan (of all places--gives me the willies just thinking about all the abuse he's taking up there just because he was voted Buckeye MVP in January. icon_cool.gif )

Anyone want to take a road trip and bring it down?

I'm also taking keen interest in the goings-on there, and keep up the good work with the park systems. A little good will makes a good impression, even if they don't see it your way in the end.

don

From sunny, semi-arid,

mosquitoes ticks no-see'ums--what the hell are those?,

southern California.

[This message was edited by Cachetrotters on May 18, 2003 at 06:30 PM.]

Hello Cachtrotters:

I'm BlueJ. I just started last week because I just found out about Geocaching. I'm currently on sick leave from work. I might be able to make it up to Michigan and bring the Travel Bug to a local Cache. I'm also going to start my own cache soon, and if I do I'll put that bug in my cache. I live in Hopewell so I'm only a few minuets away from your releatives, and I have alaways wanted to go across the Mackinaw bridge. If I go get that bug next week I'll post is as quickly as I can.

Strasburg. 90 minutes from Cleveland, 2 hours from Columbus. The two closest organizations with regular get togethers are both too far away...

Too bad I didn't see you earlier. Some COGers had a semi-official event down at The Wilds last Saturday. That wouldn't have been all that far.

You can still sign onto the forums and mail lists for NEO and COG. We all have stuff happening closer to you that doesn't get talked about at GC.com.

And sometimes those events are worthy of 5-10 hours of driving anyway.

Checking in from Xenia, Ohio. Been caching since 4/03; broke the "magic 100th" find just this month. Enjoy caching the Dayton and Cincy areas. I'm originally from Denver (via Arizona) - my better half is From Cincinnati (via Detroit).

We've met some great folks out caching - maybe we will see you soon!

Strasburg. 90 minutes from Cleveland, 2 hours from Columbus. The two closest organizations with regular get togethers are both too far away...

Too bad I didn't see you earlier. Some COGers had a semi-official event down at The Wilds last Saturday. That wouldn't have been all that far.

You can still sign onto the forums and mail lists for NEO and COG. We all have stuff happening closer to you that doesn't get talked about at GC.com.

And sometimes those events are worthy of 5-10 hours of driving anyway.

Too bad about the WIlds. Haven't been there in years.

Thanks for the heads up on the mailing lists, I think I will subscribe to them.

Blue Bomb