Hello Ohio Cachers!!

Seeker BP

well, I'm originally from Warren, Ohio (my family lives in Hartford, Ohio (near Sharon, PA)), got stuck in Kentucky (Lexi, KY) for two and a half years, and am currently living on the southwest side of Cleveland in North Royalton "High on a Freindly Hill", Ohio.

"You will kneel before her in her altar in the trees" - Tara MacLean, Let Her Feel The Rain

If any of you folks make it down towards Lancaster or the Hocking Hills area, I think the area here is pretty well populated with caches now.

I've decided to give it a rest for a bit - I've currently got 5 regulars plus 1 virtual hidden in and around Lancaster, and I've got one down in the Hocking Hills area - along with one other up closer to Columbus.

I don't wanna start putting out regular ol' caches just for something to do - I try to put some thought into mine, and make each one of them a little bit different of a challenge or location.

Okay - I am rambling now... icon_smile.gif

--==< http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe >==--

Sure wish that I could,(The Get together) It fell on the same week that I will be in Bristol, Tenn!! Hope to get some out of state caching done. Hey Rubbertoe, keep an eye out in a couple weeks. I am coming to your location to search some of your caches!! Gonna try and make a weekend of it!! Seeker BP

quote:
Originally posted by pewterz:

I am about 20 miles east of Cincinnati.

Rubbertoe I saw your footlevel cache a couple of days ago and I am just dying to make time to come out and do that one! It looks like a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, I had to archive that one... one of the people from the Lancaster Parks Department contacted me and let me know that the area the cache was in was not an area where people were allowed.

I thought this was kinda strange, since there is a big metal staircase installed on the face of Mt Pleasant... not something that just showed up there on its own, I'm sure... but they've apparently made new regulations since that was installed that prohibits anyone going anywhere on Mt Pleasant but the main trail to the top. icon_frown.gif

Oh, and as a note - the Lancaster Parks Department isn't against GeoCaching in general... they've been contacted by another local cacher and they said that caches will be allowed as long as they don't disturb the environment, and as long as they are placed where people are allowed to be. icon_smile.gif

--==< http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe >==--

We're in Loveland, 20 miles somewhat NE of Cincinnati. Look at cache map for Cincy: it's a big blue blob. What a bonanza! But surrounding area has a lotta blanks - and a lotta parks and other interesting places - we hope to see them filled in.

If you'd spend an hour to find it, what's the big deal about another hour's drive to get there? icon_biggrin.gif

Hope to see a lotta folks at our local event on 8/25!!

icon_razz.gif MyBoys&Me

"Men are what their mothers made them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

quote:
Originally posted by seeker bp (Team E-Trex):

What area of Ohio are you from??

Well, I'm from Cincinnati, raised on Price Hill. I just happen to live in Detroit. icon_razz.gif My mother still lives across the river in Florence, KY and I try to cache whenever I visit her.

If you come to Michigan, look for my Cincinnati Chili Recipe magnets in the caches up here. I like to leave University of Michigan items though whenever I cache in Ohio! icon_rolleyes.gif

My friend Alpha Wolf and I are from the Ashtabula County area (Extreme NE OHio). Been caching since January of 2002.

BTW We've got some great geocaches and multi caches (thanks to MIT the Nomad) in this beautiful corner of Ohio as well as some some good ones next door in neighboring NW PA.

"Keep your mind open, but not so open your brain falls out"

zoisrus (NE Ohio Geocacher)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CacheAcrossAmerica

Guess I should get out and do some searching around Columbus sometime. I've hit a few around the SE side of I-270, but it looks like a good number of them are up north by dublin and polaris and stuff. I wish I could convince my wife that this is fun... seems like it'd be a fun afternoon, finding a bunch of these in one shot. icon_smile.gif

- Toe.

--==< Rubbertoe's Webcam, Photo Albums, and Homepage >==--

Thornville? Beaver Creek?

Oh great... now the small-town country folk are getting into geocaching. icon_wink.gif Just kidding, of course - I graduated from Millersport High School. Doesn't get much more small-town than that. icon_smile.gif Glad to see you getting involved.

Although - I have to admit... I don't remember exactly where Thornville is, from Millersport. I know I've been there.. umm.. I know Hebron, and I know Heath... uhh... Thurston, yeah.. heh... icon_confused.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I wish I could convince my wife that this is fun... seems like it'd be a fun afternoon, finding a bunch of these in one shot. icon_smile.gif

- Toe.

We have been doing this for two weeks and we are addicted. When I say we I mean the whole family. Wife and I are doing this with our 7 and 9 year old daughters. I like playing with the toy, wife likes to go for walks in the woods, and kids love to plunder the booty at the end of a long walk. If anyone hears us out there stomping around (and you can't help but hear us, did I mention 7 and 9 year old girls) say hi.

by the way we are in Columbus. We found a beautiful cache all by itslef in Adams County. Buzzardsroost Too by Tarzan. If you can get down there it is an incredible view from the lookout a little way down the trail from the cache but it is a hike to get there. especially if you don't start at the trail head and go up and down the valleys.

However Scook should probably steer clear, we are rabid Buckeye faithful! icon_biggrin.gif go bucks!

Happy Hunting

quote:
Originally posted by Liberty_Cachers:

Born in N. KY now live in Liberty Township, OH with a Middletown, OH zip.

There is a dozen or so towns in Ohio called Middletown, and about half of the counties have a township called Liberty Township.

Could you narrow it down a little for us?

quote:
Originally posted by Scook:

quote:
Originally posted by seeker bp (Team E-Trex):

What area of Ohio are you from??

Well, I'm from Cincinnati, raised on Price Hill. I just happen to live in Detroit. icon_razz.gif My mother still lives across the river in Florence, KY and I try to cache whenever I visit her.

If you come to Michigan, look for my Cincinnati Chili Recipe magnets in the caches up here. I like to leave University of Michigan items though whenever I cache in Ohio! icon_rolleyes.gif

That is just not right! But then again, you can get away with that in Ohio, but if caught doing that in Mich, I can hear the Deliverance Music starting now. icon_razz.gif

Hi all, I used to live in Loveland, 20 Mile House Actually. I used to work at Milacron in Maineville.

I miss Ohio,I left before I got into this sport. There are so many cool spots out there for caches. Anyone think of doing caches at/or near, some of the Earthworks like Serpent Mound or Ft. Ancient? Maybe a trip out there is in order...

Cheers

I am a severely patient sort of guy..