Hello Ohio Cachers!!

Seeker BP

We are from New Lexington(between Zanesville and Lancaster) in Perry County. We have done our best at populating the area with well hid/well stocked caches. It's getting a little late in the year for a CITO event, so next spring we'll get right on that to try and draw you cachers from farther away into our realm. Dont rule our county out as us and the other local teams have put together some very interesting and difficult caches for you all to find. Be warned though, most of ours are NOT quickies, and though it hasn't been tried yet(to my knowledge) you probably wouldn't be able to find them all in a day. (Was that a challenge?) :)

Have Fun all, and come see us in Perry county.

We are from New Lexington(between Zanesville and Lancaster) in Perry County. We have done our best at populating the area with well hid/well stocked caches. It's getting a little late in the year for a CITO event, so next spring we'll get right on that to try and draw you cachers from farther away into our realm. Dont rule our county out as us and the other local teams have put together some very interesting and difficult caches for you all to find. Be warned though, most of ours are NOT quickies, and though it hasn't been tried yet(to my knowledge) you probably wouldn't be able to find them all in a day. (Was that a challenge?) :)

Hrm...how many caches was that? We may have to try the Perry County challenge this winter! Mr. BBD originally is from Frazeysburg...you're probably the only person here who knows where that is.

Hrm...how many caches was that? We may have to try the Perry County challenge this winter! Mr. BBD originally is from Frazeysburg...you're probably the only person here who knows where that is.

\

We have 13 ourselves, but there are 5 more within 10 mi. of New Lexington. Yes, haven't been there for awhile, but I know where Frazeysburg is. I've got alot of ideas for places, and some new container prototypes. I'll definately be putting some new ones out soon, but I cant figure out what to do about footprints in the snow whenever it decides to grace us with its presence. :D

\

We have 13 ourselves, but there are 5 more within 10 mi. of New Lexington. Yes, haven't been there for awhile, but I know where Frazeysburg is. I've got alot of ideas for places, and some new container prototypes. I'll definately be putting some new ones out soon, but I cant figure out what to do about footprints in the snow whenever it decides to grace us with its presence. :lol:

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't say the 's' word!! :drama:

We are from New Lexington(between Zanesville and Lancaster) in Perry County.  We have done our best at populating the area with well hid/well stocked caches.  It's getting a little late in the year for a CITO event, so next spring we'll get right on that to try and draw you cachers from farther away into our realm.  Dont rule our county out as us and the other local teams have put together some very interesting and difficult caches for you all to find.  Be warned though, most of ours are NOT quickies, and though it hasn't been tried yet(to my knowledge) you probably wouldn't be able to find them all in a day.  (Was that a challenge?) :lol:

Hmmmmm. OK, BBD, Wafflesdad and I can cache all of Perry County before you can!!

Well, snows here. Tell ya what, anyone who wants to come up and do Window to Mt. Hope, I'll go along. Since that's probably our most difficult and most rarely visited(cowinkydink?) it would be the perfect start to a tour. A couple of you have made it to our quickstops(BTW Maggiezoo, did you look up the story behind WHOA!) :huh: but have just scratched the surface of forgotten places around here. :huh:

Hello everyone. Just moved to Carlisle (close to Franklin) in Warren county from Riverside,CA. Found over 30 caches on the way out here. Been caching for over 2 years. Is there a forum for my area. When I was out last year I went on the forum in Cincinnati but I can't find it anymore. Been caching (not logging) alot since I have been out here and look forward to going up to Yellow Springs this weekend (Glen Helen park) to do some caching and hiking. Looks like a awesome area. Anyways, Hello. :blink:

Hello everyone. Just moved to Carlisle (close to Franklin) in Warren county from Riverside,CA. Found over 30 caches on the way out here. Been caching for over 2 years. Is there a forum for my area. When I was out last year I went on the forum in Cincinnati but I can't find it anymore. Been caching (not logging) alot since I have been out here and look forward to going up to Yellow Springs this weekend (Glen Helen park) to do some caching and hiking. Looks like a awesome area. Anyways, Hello. ;)

try www.okic.org and go to the forums.

and welcome to the area!

Hello everyone. Just moved to Carlisle (close to Franklin) in Warren county from Riverside,CA. Found over 30 caches on the way out here. Been caching for over 2 years. Is there a forum for my area. When I was out last year I went on the forum in Cincinnati but I can't find it anymore. Been caching (not logging) alot since I have been out here and look forward to going up to Yellow Springs this weekend (Glen Helen park) to do some caching and hiking. Looks like a awesome area. Anyways, Hello.  :rolleyes:

try www.okic.org and go to the forums.

and welcome to the area!

As 4LC said, "WELCOME" to the area.

I noticed you have already logged onto the OKIC forums, so that's a good start.

Carlise is not too far from Beavercreek, where I live.

Cheers ... BVCY Swim

We are from New Lexington(between Zanesville and Lancaster) in Perry County.  We have done our best at populating the area with well hid/well stocked caches.  It's getting a little late in the year for a CITO event, so next spring we'll get right on that to try and draw you cachers from farther away into our realm.  Dont rule our county out as us and the other local teams have put together some very interesting and difficult caches for you all to find.  Be warned though, most of ours are NOT quickies, and though it hasn't been tried yet(to my knowledge) you probably wouldn't be able to find them all in a day.  (Was that a challenge?) :o

Hmmmmm. OK, BBD, Wafflesdad and I can cache all of Perry County before you can!!

Oops, I missed my corner apparently. Oh, well I need no drama in my life. Now now, it's not a contest. He who dies with the most caches still dies. :lol:

TG: I'd watch placing any caches in Frazeysburg, make sure you have permission. The local constabulary is quite vigilant and impetuous.

snip

TG: I'd watch placing any caches in Frazeysburg, make sure you have permission.  The local constabulary is quite vigilant and impetuous.

:) And for all you southern Ohioans, that means that the cops are bored and mean. B) I'm just kidding Maggie & others. B) I'm not close enough for all that. We're still populating a 20mi. radius. :)

And yes, I realize that I too am a Southern Ohioan, that's why I get to joke about it. :)

Edited by TeamGuisinger
snip

TG: I'd watch placing any caches in Frazeysburg, make sure you have permission.  The local constabulary is quite vigilant and impetuous.

:mad: And for all you southern Ohioans, that means that the cops are bored and mean. :mad: I'm just kidding Maggie & others. :mad: I'm not close enough for all that. We're still populating a 20mi. radius. :ph34r:

And yes, I realize that I too am a Southern Ohioan, that's why I get to joke about it. :ph34r:

LOL! I was trying to use "positive" words to describe the scene, but call 'em like you see 'em! :mad:

Hi Ohioans,

I am in Cincinnati/Delhi and new to this hobby. For now I have a Garmin c320 that I bought for my car but it seems to be working within reason to find cache. It seems a regular handheld GPS is in my future.

Do meetings or gatherings (GT) take place in the warm months? Is there a local water hole people meet at on a regular basis? Does this site, or any other, host a chat room for local cachers? Just curious.

James

James1549nospam@current.net

please remove nospam

I am in Cincinnati/Delhi and new to this hobby.

Do meetings or gatherings (GT) take place in the warm months? Is there a local water hole people meet at on a regular basis? Does this site, or any other, host a chat room for local cachers? Just curious.

Welcome James!

Check out the list of organizations. There are a couple in your area that have pretty regular events. I've been to events with SWOGO and always have a good time.

Hi Ohioans,

I am in Cincinnati/Delhi and new to this hobby. For now I have a Garmin c320 that I bought for my car but it seems to be working within reason to find cache. It seems a regular handheld GPS is in my future.

James

please remove nospam

Check out OKIC in Cincinnati as another resource. We plan small socials to get to know new folks about every month and have cache outings all year round. Signup at the OKIC site forums, we like to yap and meet new folks.

Hi Ohioans,

James

please remove nospam

James, I see BVCY already beat me to it, but I heartily recommend www.okic.org also.