Editing Trackables

Paracelsus

I am having all kinds of problems with editing trackables I own. I'm not new to this, having created pages for more than 100 geocoins (mostly) and TBs I already own. But as of today, when I try to enter a hyperlink in the text (Mission or Description sections), the "Link" tool doesn't work at all, and it asks all kinds of questions I have never seen before. Some examples are "Select an Anchor" (Huh?) or "Enter an e-mail address" (Why would I do that to add a url?). When I try to cancel or close the dialog, it won't, but just freezes up, and I have to close the page entirely and try again.

And when I try to do copy-and-paste editing from another listing (i.e. a different trackable), the paste either fails entirely, or I find that OLD text from a previous copy is pasted, rather than a fresh copy.

Any ideas on this?

It's too bad, because by playing with my trackable listings a little, I found that by selecting "Source", I can still add the <a href="http.....>...text...</a> format and do it manually, but cannot use the built-in Link tool to make the process simpler. Is this a new bug, or a "Feature"?

And when I try to do copy-and-paste editing from another listing (i.e. a different trackable), the paste either fails entirely, or I find that OLD text from a previous copy is pasted, rather than a fresh copy.

I have had this happen also. But sorry I don't have any answers for you.

It's too bad, because by playing with my trackable listings a little, I found that by selecting "Source", I can still add the <a href="http.....>...text...</a> format and do it manually, but cannot use the built-in Link tool to make the process simpler. Is this a new bug, or a "Feature"?

Probably a "Feature" for the new cachers setting up their first TB.

Nice idea, but of little, or no use to the long standing members... :huh:

I am having all kinds of problems with editing trackables I own. I'm not new to this, having created pages for more than 100 geocoins (mostly) and TBs I already own. But as of today, when I try to enter a hyperlink in the text (Mission or Description sections), the "Link" tool doesn't work at all, and it asks all kinds of questions I have never seen before. Some examples are "Select an Anchor" (Huh?) or "Enter an e-mail address" (Why would I do that to add a url?). When I try to cancel or close the dialog, it won't, but just freezes up, and I have to close the page entirely and try again.

Any ideas on this?

Wow, what a surprise! I guess I should have remembered the obvious with this. I actually solved both of my problems - (1)the poor/no functioning of copy-and-paste, and the non-functional hyperlink tool when working with editing your trackable listings. What I failed to mention when I started this topic yesterday was the browser I was using. Well, folks, it was Internet Explorer, v. 11. I should have guessed that the problems WAS NOT involving the folks at Groundspeak (unless you count incomplete testing of all possible browsers being used), but with the folks headquartered in Redmond, Washington. What I tried today was simply trying the same things - copy-and-paste from one trackable listing to another, and using the Groundspeak Link tool to easily create hyperlinks in the listing - with Google Chrome. Guess what? It WORKED flawlessly! So, for anyone who reads the Forum after encountering these problems, just switch to another browser. For what it's worth, turning on Compatibility View (Mode) in the browser product from Redmond HAD NO EFFECT. Only switching browsers when editing trackables worked for me. I would appreciate feedback from any others who read this!

Edited by Paracelsus