Idea for cache in Metro Detroit area

Squirrel Nut & Beersnob

I was thinking of starting a scrapbooking themed cache- where people could trade stickers, die-cuts, largee scraps of patterened paper, etc. I was wondering if there would be much of a demand for this type of cache, and if people would eventually make a return trip to exchange more scrapbook stuff. Any input if I should start one up?

Thanks!

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish..

dinoprophet -

Glad she enjoys it. One of my friends at work is a creative memories consultant, and I tend to collect the stuff as 'prizes' from our meetings and have no real use for it. I don't usually scrapbook the creative memories 'way'. I hardly ever use anything other than pictures and specialty paper (but boy, do I invest in paper!). Sometimes I use paper that's (*gasp!*) not even guaranteed acid free icon_wink.gif

Ok, I've wandered a bit off of the subject of anything GPS related now... icon_wink.gif

FYI, the 'sticker set' I left in http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3829 (Hey Barney, let's go to Maybury) is another scrapbooking item- I think it's either haloween or one with womens items that look like the stuff you see little kids dress up in when they pretend they're grandma (dress, pink hat, handbag).

Hopefully the cache is still there - there's a no-find on it, and the hiding spot was pretty obvious once you came near enough.

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish..

dinoprophet -

Glad she enjoys it. One of my friends at work is a creative memories consultant, and I tend to collect the stuff as 'prizes' from our meetings and have no real use for it. I don't usually scrapbook the creative memories 'way'. I hardly ever use anything other than pictures and specialty paper (but boy, do I invest in paper!). Sometimes I use paper that's (*gasp!*) not even guaranteed acid free icon_wink.gif

Ok, I've wandered a bit off of the subject of anything GPS related now... icon_wink.gif

FYI, the 'sticker set' I left in http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3829 (Hey Barney, let's go to Maybury) is another scrapbooking item- I think it's either haloween or one with womens items that look like the stuff you see little kids dress up in when they pretend they're grandma (dress, pink hat, handbag).

Hopefully the cache is still there - there's a no-find on it, and the hiding spot was pretty obvious once you came near enough.

My Wife would probably insist I find this cache as well, or It would be a great insentive to have her come along so she can look through the "neat stuff" I know nothing about, and go back again and again and again, uhhh ... wait maybe this isn't a great idea.

will be looking for a listing.

JBird77

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I'd go. icon_smile.gif At least once. I actually enjoy caches that are fun to go to over and over. Some of the CD caches around are great examples. Last time I went I got 'Pleezer' hahaha. Who wouldn't love that!? Anyway, 'Pleezer' is played out, I need something new so I'll be heading back sometime soon. I like the caches that are fun to go back to.

--------

trippy1976

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I'd go. icon_smile.gif At least once. I actually enjoy caches that are fun to go to over and over. Some of the CD caches around are great examples. Last time I went I got 'Pleezer' hahaha. Who wouldn't love that!? Anyway, 'Pleezer' is played out, I need something new so I'll be heading back sometime soon. I like the caches that are fun to go back to.

--------

trippy1976

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Jbird-

I probably wouldn't get around to placing it for at least another month... haven't had the chance to look for good hiding spots, and the 1st cache I place will be a joint adventure with Beersnob, (he dosen't want to be left out) and probably won't be the scrapbooking one.

If you've already got a good place to stash it in mind (southwest Oakland county area perhaps?? icon_wink.gif )I wouldn't mind you taking the idea. Besides, we're now house-hunting, which will probably gobble up a bit of free time anyways.

We've got a few other ideas - perhaps our first cache will be a sci-fi/fantasy paperback book exchange, or whatever else we can think of. Maybe eventually we'll place a brewpub coaster/keychain/etc exchange cache... Just don't know how many cachers also frequent brewpubs... icon_smile.gif

Jbird-

I probably wouldn't get around to placing it for at least another month... haven't had the chance to look for good hiding spots, and the 1st cache I place will be a joint adventure with Beersnob, (he dosen't want to be left out) and probably won't be the scrapbooking one.

If you've already got a good place to stash it in mind (southwest Oakland county area perhaps?? icon_wink.gif )I wouldn't mind you taking the idea. Besides, we're now house-hunting, which will probably gobble up a bit of free time anyways.

We've got a few other ideas - perhaps our first cache will be a sci-fi/fantasy paperback book exchange, or whatever else we can think of. Maybe eventually we'll place a brewpub coaster/keychain/etc exchange cache... Just don't know how many cachers also frequent brewpubs... icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by dinoprophet:

Geocaching is my obsession, scrapbooking is my wife's. Anything that gets her more interested is cool by me.

In fact, Squirrel Nut, I see you're the one who left the winter kit in "Lunch Break" that my wife insisted I go find. She really likes it.

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

heh, you and I are alike. My wife has a small part time job that funds our recreational activities. Her portion all goes to scrapbooking, mine goes to gas and supplies for geocaching. I just might do something like that over here in the jackson area...

-Doc

-Doc Ott

A day without thermonuclear fusion is like a day without sunshine.