"Keeping" TBs

TemptressofDown

Unfortunately, there's not much else you can do. Yes, they should answer. When was the last time they logged in?

Takers aren't necessarily all that interested in the TB Owner (yet tend to insist they are "doing the TO a favor with all these visits", when pressed). They take and hold other people's TBs for their own purposes. Since every TB specifically has the words "Don't Keep Me", how can any email be any more clear than self-explanatory TB text? Some Takers probably can't be reached. There's a... disconnect... somewhere. :ph34r:

However, TB Owners can type something on the TB page about the TB Owners' expectations. I see no such information in any of the OP's TB pages. Few people bother, but that doesn't mean it's not an option. There is much to do.

AND the PM messaging system makes communication difficult. If you received no reply, they may have responded, but there are many reasons you might not receive a reply. Yet another thing to do: Include your email address in your PM, and request the respondent use it.

Edited by kunarion

i feel your pain. We had a guy grab our travel bug back 7 months ago....he left a note saying he would "keep it for awhile" He has not logged any activity since that day and is not responding to multiple emails asking him to move it along.

Makes ya wanna reach out and "touch" some people.......

kids are rather dissapointed..but at least there's a life lesson in there about the way some people behave.....

One of my trackables was picked up and the cacher logged they were taking it to the other side of the UK to place in a cache, which they named. This hasn't happened and I looked at his profile, never logged in to the site and seems to only cache in may,presumably on holiday. I have tried to contact him through his profile but am not hopeful of reaching him as he has never logged in and it may not be a primary email. Still it may turn up may 2015 when he next goes on holiday. There is a photo on his profile page and it shows someone of school age, which if it is him would explain the annual holiday. Mine is not the only trackable he is holding. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see what happens.