Maps

A&W 2

Hello and real sorry for not coming back to you. I apologize. I have CN North America NY map (enabled) Ontario Trails (enabled) and some Birdseye? which I have no idea about. I see all my caches in the screen and directions getting me there, but there are no roads/ highways, streets etc. Somehow with just pushing buttons I was able to get them all back. So they are buried underneath something again. I was in the bush last week using it for waypoints, tracking etc but when I came home to do some caching, the caches were there but no street/highway labels...If you want to help with thoughts that would be great and I promise to get back to you asap....thanks again,

I have no idea what is causing your problem. Perhaps a settings on the GPS. Perhaps the maps. You might want to ask the Ontario Maps author. Have you tried looking at the many settings for display of the maps?

As to downtown Calgary, I never thought there was any problem. It is certainly much scarier in other big cities.

Good morning and thank very for getting back to me. I have done this once before...(wondering hand syndrome) where they shouldn't go without proper supervision. I'm 61...love geocaching but sometimes I just cant help myself. As it turns out again having my gps set recreational/ hiking, took all my roads off or away from visual. Makes sense I'm in the woods hunting right? Its when I came back out to civilization and tried to do geocaching again, all the caches, rivers , lakes etc were visible but not the roads...so a buddy who got me into this changed my route manager(don't know what else to call it) to automotive and voila. everything was right there again.

I've been caching since 08 but I still get myself in a pickle when I try looking around (which is a good idea to learn)but not by myself.

thanks again for emailing me back.

A&W 2

Each profile has completely different settings. If you want maps turned on with a specific profile, you need to change the map setup while on that profile. This is the purpose of the profiles, to allow you to have different settings that are easily accessed. For instance, I will have topo maps enabled for a hiking profile and street maps enabled for an automotive profile.

Each profile has completely different settings. If you want maps turned on with a specific profile, you need to change the map setup while on that profile. This is the purpose of the profiles, to allow you to have different settings that are easily accessed. For instance, I will have topo maps enabled for a hiking profile and street maps enabled for an automotive profile.

Well I'm one of those that doesn't really like reading the fine print(attention to detail). I will learn at some point.