Latest Etrex 20/30 update

sussamb
Followers 2

eTrex 20/30 software version 3.80

as of June 19, 2014

Available at http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5553

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change History

Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:

◦Fixed issue with barometer when auto calibration is turned off.

◦Fixed missing ascent, descent, and elevation statistics when reviewing certain tracks.

◦Fixed possible shutdown when displaying the option menu in Czech.

I updated both of my 20's and my 30. I notice that shut down behaves differently. A "power button" icon now appears immediately after shutting the devices off and, on my 30, the satellite screen "hangs frozen" then fades away after a second or two. Otherwise, my eTrex 30 seems to function okay. I was testing it this morning.*NOTE: Editing for an update. The "hanging frozen" satellite screen (my home screen) appears to not be an issue anymore. I do, however, have a power button icon upon shutdown.

Edited by luvvinbird

You still can. I download all my updates for both my handhelds and auto GPS to a clone, that gives me the firmware file and I transfer that to the device once I know it's downloaded correctly. You create a clone simply by copying the GarminDevice.xml file to either a card or usb stick, file needs to be in a folder named Garmin.

More information on cloning here, although primarily aimed at auto units and map updates http://www.poi-factory.com/node/39231

Edited by sussamb

You still can. I download all my updates for both my handhelds and auto GPS to a clone, that gives me the firmware file and I transfer that to the device once I know it's downloaded correctly. You create a clone simply by copying the GarminDevice.xml file to either a card or usb stick, file needs to be in a folder named Garmin.

More information on cloning here, although primarily aimed at auto units and map updates http://www.poi-factory.com/node/39231

I use the GarminDevice.xml trick on a microSD card to make a GSAK macro think the Nuvi is plugged in so it will export Geocaches as POIs to the card.

I used to be able to simply go to the Garmin site and use a specific URL that would then download the GCD file.

They must have moved the file locations since releasing ver 3.70.

I grabbed the GCD file from the site that user13371 posted.