Publication issue

gmarkusic

Question about notifications.

Yesterday a cache was published and I never received the notification.

A few things about the cache, its a traditional and a premium member cache. It is well within my notification area, since I received a notification of another cache that was published at the same time and it was further away.

I checked my notification settings and don't see that I am missing any required information. Checked my email spam folder just in case it got routed there. this led me to ask other cachers in the area, and they too did not get the notification of the newly published cache.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Without knowing the GC Code of the cache in question, and your exact notification settings, it's hard to diagnose.

Here is a possible explanation that's happened many times: cache is published with incorrect coordinates that are outside your notification zone; owner alerts reviewer to owner's mistake; reviewer updates listing with corrected coordinates.

Or, your notifications are only set for Traditionals, cache is published as a mystery/puzzle cache but quickly corrected. This would not leave any "paper trail" on the cache listing.

Without knowing the GC Code of the cache in question, and your exact notification settings, it's hard to diagnose.

Here is a possible explanation that's happened many times: cache is published with incorrect coordinates that are outside your notification zone; owner alerts reviewer to owner's mistake; reviewer updates listing with corrected coordinates.

Or, your notifications are only set for Traditionals, cache is published as a mystery/puzzle cache but quickly corrected. This would not leave any "paper trail" on the cache listing.

The GC code for the cache I did not get notified on was GC571MC. The GC for the one I did get notified on is GC56JPP. Both caches are traditionals the only major difference is that one is a premium and the other is not.