Release Notes - June 18, 2014

Hey, I just was fussing with Dropbox and Geosphere, and out of curiousity I clicked on the Download Now link in the email of my PQ. To my surprise, this generated what I needed to allow Geosphere to open my PQ!!

Thank you!

Hey, I just was fussing with Dropbox and Geosphere, and out of curiousity I clicked on the Download Now link in the email of my PQ. To my surprise, this generated what I needed to allow Geosphere to open my PQ!!

Thank you!

Glad it works for you now. I've been trying to point it out to you for a few posts. Obviously I need to work on my explanation skills :) I'd have provided step by step description but I don't have an iPod or GeoSphere. As long as you're logged into geocaching.com on your mobile device, clicking on the download link will download the zipped GPX to your device.

Edited by Chrysalides

Yep, that was mentioned a few times; I guess the step by step to locate the download link on gc.com was necessary =P

And for completion's sake, Ed, you can also import the PQ via the API by going to your Profile tab (top left button in Geosphere, then bottom left icon in the flyout), then scroll and click the Pocket Queries button, and there you'll have listed all of your available - executed - pocket queries. Tapping one will let you "Import" (download every cache into the database using the API), "Download GPX" will download the ZIP file and save its contents (exactly the same as clicking that Download link on gc.com).

"Mark as Imported", well, you can use that if you like for your own reference.

I hope that's a little more explanatory for ye.B)

I have been paying member for several years. Add me to the list of upset customers. I have used automatic updates to Bcaching.com for my pocket queries and always worked so slick for me. Now broken. Please allow previous method as option.

I have been paying member for several years. Add me to the list of upset customers. I have used automatic updates to Bcaching.com for my pocket queries and always worked so slick for me. Now broken. Please allow previous method as option.

From bcaching.com :

BCaching was registered as geocaching API consumer prior to the "cut off", and some work had already been done to integrate the pocket query API, but it was never completed due to time/work constraints and the fact that the email process had been working reasonably well. Since automated emails are no longer an option I've picked up where I left off and will try to wrap up limited integration to support automated downloads as soon as possible.

Stay tuned.