Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
AyJayBeeGee

Submitting a New Geocache

Is anyone else having difficulty with the new CACHE SUBMISSION page? Once I pushed CONTINUE...to go to the TYPE/LOCATION page, I entered my information, and the whole page froze. I cannot continue, I cannot change anything; I am only allowed to go back to the previous page. I can click on nothing on that particular page. Very frustrating, indeed. Each time I return to that page, it is still frozen with my previous data. :o

Edited by AyJayBeeGee

Well, it looks as if it is a problem with Safari or something.

I am able to navigate to each page on my Android phone.

::: sigh ::::::

Oh boy.... this is getting frustrating. Now, on my Android phone (Samsung 4), I am able to get to the Geocache Details page, but when I finish and press CONTINUE, I am asked if I want to GO BACK or CONTINUE EDITING...I push CONTINUE, and everything is erased, and even if I rewrite all again, I am unable to continue. I have submitted 28 other caches with no problem, but with the new submission form, I have wasted an entire afternoon.

The cache submission process is not designed to be used on a smartphone.

Also, the cache submission process does not make use of the API.

I recommend submitting your cache from a computer.

Hi-

My first comment WAS made as a result of trying to submit the geocache on my computer. The TYPE/LOCATION page froze...and is still frozen hours later.

I can only use the back button to return to the previous page.

I only tried the Android phone as a test to see if it would work.

I see you found the proper place to report the problem, and that Moun10Bike provided the answer. I am closing this duplicate thread in favor of the discussion over in the correct forum section.