The Patchwork Dragon Geocoin

jpbarr

Ok so here is a treat for you all, I have teamed up with Geocoins by wellner to produce one of my designs and I am giving you the opportunity to make your own version. I have been aiming to do a dragon coin for a while and my wife suggested I do something cuddly So I give you, The Patchwork Dragon.

A_zps6a461ae9.jpg

Minimum order is 20pcs.

All details and prices can be found here: Patchwork Dragon info

I look forward to seeing all the different dragons you can come up with :)

Edited by jpbarr

I cannot wait to see all of them when they are finished. I wouldnt mind making a couple if others only want to do a couple as well as a group. I cannot afford to make 20 of them.

Keep On Caching!

~Valarie of sweetlife

Valarie, if you can get a few people together and come up with a version between you then by all means go for it :)

We will have the samples in our hands in the beginning of july, and have enough interest to order a first batch almost immediately. It would be really cool if I could present the shop versions on the Mega in Sweden on the 2nd of august, but I think that this would be rather tight, especially if we will redesign the backside.

/Fredrik

I would love to get some of these, but the extra shipping to the USA makes it really difficult to justify. Do you have any interest in having someone in the US act as intermediary for US orders? We could receive them direct from the mint, then send them using our lower shipping costs...

I would love to get some of these, but the extra shipping to the USA makes it really difficult to justify. Do you have any interest in having someone in the US act as intermediary for US orders? We could receive them direct from the mint, then send them using our lower shipping costs...

That sounds like a great option! I've done something along that line before.

We have ordered 12 different samples (the first 12 on the info page) and many of them will be available as shop versions, so even if you can't spare the money for 20 coins there is still a posibility to own a Patch Dragon geocoin of your own.

Thanks for the offer, nevadanick, I still hope that one of the US coin stores will step forward and act as a reseller of those coins. =)

/Fredrik

But would a US coin store allow us to get our own editions, or would they just resell the shop versions you create? If you would be willing to allow someone here to manage the receiving and shipping of US participants, I think you'll get a lot more involvement.

But would a US coin store allow us to get our own editions, or would they just resell the shop versions you create? If you would be willing to allow someone here to manage the receiving and shipping of US participants, I think you'll get a lot more involvement.

Agreed. I'd be willing to do it. I'm not a coin company but do manage the MIGO online store.

Agreed. I'd be willing to do it. I'm not a coin company but do manage the MIGO online store.

I believe the reason they would prefer a USA retailer make that deal is they could ship the reseller coins to them as well as the group coins and make some deal to get the US group coins reshipped while receiving their in-store inventory for resale.

Don't see how they would want to eliminate shipping to the group participants.

Okay, folks! Here is the first photos from the mint of the samples. We have also listened to you and made another backside with the same floral pattern as the front. The text "The Patchwork Dragon" is also raised to the surface, making it more visible if you use non-transparent colors.

Backside A, the old backside

sample-af.jpg

sample-ab.jpg

Backside B, the new backside

sample-bf.jpg

sample-bb.jpg

I expect to have the samples in my hand in the middle of the next week, then I will calculate shipping costs.

Okay, good news!

20 coins weight less than 500 gram wich means much lower shipping rates. 20 coins will cost approximately 170 euro inside EU and 190 USD to the US, and that is including shipping. Extra cost for special enamels may apply.

We will order the coins on the 4th of August and will send out an information email to the peole who have already ordered shortly.

/Fredrik

Love some of these little guys! Sad that I couldn't do a version right now but maybe I will be able to find a trade somewhere. Looking forward to seeing pictures of all 50 versions!

We'll be open to a trade. The name we chose for ours is 'Cuddles' ... :)

I would love to trade with you nevadanick!! :)

There will be about ten shop versions to buy from me, JP and geocachingshop.nl

Nice! :)

Love some of these little guys! Sad that I couldn't do a version right now but maybe I will be able to find a trade somewhere. Looking forward to seeing pictures of all 50 versions!

We'll be open to a trade. The name we chose for ours is 'Cuddles' ... :)

I would love to trade with you nevadanick!! :)

Happy to.

Received Cuddles - our version of the Patchwork Dragon.

Several folks indicated they wanted a trade ... just let me know ... PM thru profile or use e-mail if you already have mine.

d9239da1-5cee-4953-b1d2-343817d2ac44.jpg

3a6862de-d222-43eb-9675-183bf5c0ef7e.jpg

Metal is shiny silver. The metal seems to appear in the pic as BN ... it is NOT.

Messages sent to those noted above that were interested in a trade.

Edited by nevadanick

Not quite sure how this works but I participated in the trade with others for their versions and received an email from Fredrik that the following wanted to do a trade for my version "AF" Diablo.

Version "T" Salofen from Jackofine

Version "Y" Sunny from Sandra

Version "AB" Hunter's Moon from Carponen

Version "AC" Little Pinky from Kasefee

Version "AY" + 2 others from Andries (already exchanged information, thank you Andries)

Please send me a message through my profile with your name, mailing address, and dragon version and I will do the same for you. These look great, can't wait to see them.

I have swapped the dragons before sending them out. You will get your traders in your package.

Oh, thank you !! I didn't realize you were doing this.

I received my version of the patchwork dragon today, Diablo, and the copies of others who traded with me. They are all super cute, thank you for trading !!

If anyone else would like to trade versions please send me a message through my profile. Thank you.

patchworkdragonmyversiondiablo_zps6385939f.jpg

P1010974_zpsadd7878d.jpg

Edited by BVnLJ