Cachers meet and greet in Maidstone - venue suggestions.

Hi folks

We are coming to Maidstone, Kent for 2 1/2 weeks in July and I'd like to host a meet and greet event in Maidstone one evening to meet some of the local cachers in the area and enjoy a couple of drinks and chit-chat :)

Can somebody please recommend a pub prefably in the facinaty near Mote Park? It will probably be one evening during the week, but will see. Also what is a good time for such an event in the evening?

Please let me know below.

Cheers

Glen (ipodmusicman)

Hi Glen,

Not sure of any venues around MotePark. But the Malta at Jct 6 has been used a few times, as has the two for one place at jct 7. Marinos (chippie) in Bearsted has been used a few times too! I would say a 6pm ish start, to give people coming from elsewhere a chance to get there after work?

If you post on the Geocaching in Kent Facebook page you might get a few more suggestions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/KentCachers

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard about Malta. Actually my sister, who we are visiting for the holidays, suggested that we go out there for lunch sometime. Looks like a very nice place indeed.

I'll post to the Facebook page and decide from there. Using a venue that has been used before does make it easier the next time around since the owners/managers of the venue would have dealt with geocachers before. :)

Cheers

~Glen