Detroit area Geocache Demo

Guest Scook

On Sunday Sept. 9, I will giving a short (1 hour) and simple demonstration of Geocaching to my local computer club SEMCO (http://semco.org) at the Oakland University Science Building Room 172. The talk is scheduled to start at 1:45. Any other area Geocachers are welcome to come out and join me. Bring your GPS units for show and tell! If you need better directions, the Science Building is located at North 42 degrees 40.253 minutes and West 83 degrees 13.051 minutes.

The presentation was a success and approximately 25-30 SEMCO members in attendance and 2 geocachers who had to leave before the end of the meeting. I have been asked to do another presentation in Flint for another computer club, possibly next month. I'll post details as soon as they are avavilable.

The weather was very poor with severe storm warnings, so no one was interested in hunting a cache today. Maybe another time we can try again.

How about an organized cider mill virtual cache trip for this fall?