Android app compass spins, distance never decreases, and can't calibrate the compass on it

TeamRoadrunner

I have the geocaching paid app on my LG Optimus P769, but I can't get the compass to work properly. I've tried to recalibrate numerous times, but it always says failed calibration. I can load caches, etc., that part works fine, but when I go to Navigate, the compass needle spins around and the distance never decreases. I just doesn't work and I don't know what to do with it to make it work. I have thought about uninstalling and reinstalling, but then I would have to pay again, right? I don't think I would pay for this again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make this app work properly? Thank you very much.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make this app work properly?

If you can download the free "GPS Status" App, you can see if the compass is OK or not. You'll know if it's happening only in one App. Plus you can use the GPS Status's compass from within the Geocaching App (you'd select "Radar").