third party leaderboards

flask

recently i was at an event where i was complimented on a recent rise on a leaderboard i thought i'd been removed from.

it turned out my name had been removed from the board but the stats were still there. as someone at the party said, "well, we ALL know which blank spot you are!"

this is not acceptable to me, and it is not pleasing to me to have to turn off all my gc.com stats (which i DID consent to have viewable) in order not to appear in third party leaderboards to which i did NOT consent.

i am not interested in being ranked against other players and gc.com they've pretty much steadfastly declined to rank us against each other, and i want to know why the HECK i have to mess with my gc.com stats in order not to be part of third party contests i want to stay out of.

do i have to quit caching so i don't have to be in some third party rankings game?

i've no objection if all of you who want to be ranked go and opt in to a ranking system and fight it out for most supreme cacher.

i want to be left out of it, and i don't want to have to quit playing THIS game in order not to have to be in THAT game.

nope, they scrape your data and stick you on a leaderboard unless you turn off your stats on your gc.com profile.

and they do it worldwide.

of course, you can narrow it down to your locality, but you get to be in the contest whether you consented or not.

The person who programs the leaderboard should be able to make it exclude you without leaving a blank space like that. They just need to spend some more effort on the programming.

yes, "should be able to" is correct.

"doesn't" is the unpleasant actuality. when i contacted the owner of one particular leaderboard, his response was

The routine that actually comes up with the list of who is where was written by another person some years ago and I have lost track of him so I have no way to modify things so you can totally be removed. Actually, based on his age, I suspect he may have passed on at this point. Sorry I can't do better for you.

i do not believe i should have to track down and request separately my removal from every leaderboard that crops up over time. mostly i hope they die a slow unlamented death (the boards), but i would really like them to be opt-in affairs.

and to compound matters, some of the sites those boards are on are now being used as the arbiters of whether or not you have completed certain challenge requirements, and while i would LOVE to be able to use that tool for knowing how i'm doing for say, 360 degrees of maine, i don't want to have to be in the worldwide / nationwide / statewide / municipal contest of who has the most caches.

when i contacted the owner of one particular leaderboard, his response was
The routine that actually comes up with the list of who is where was written by another person some years ago and I have lost track of him so I have no way to modify things so you can totally be removed. Actually, based on his age, I suspect he may have passed on at this point. Sorry I can't do better for you.

i do not believe i should have to track down and request separately my removal from every leaderboard that crops up over time. mostly i hope they die a slow unlamented death

Have you asked Groundspeak? If the server were set to NOT serve to Leaderboards, blocked at domain level, those sites may suddenly develop the ability to "modify things so you can totally be removed". :ph34r:

The person who programs the leaderboard should be able to make it exclude you without leaving a blank space like that. They just need to spend some more effort on the programming.

yes, "should be able to" is correct.

Just for your information: Whether or not you allow others to see your detailed statistics on gc.com has no influence on your being part of third party leaderboards.

At some leaderboards (e.g. project-gc) you can ask that your detailed statistics are hidden to other geocachers.

However you will always be part of the ranked lists and this is not so surprising.

One could choose the solution that some other sites are using namely to leave out the alias of the cacher. Removing the cacher entirely is not essentially a technical issue.

Rather it perturbs the rankings - this is not a question of whether someone is interested into a competition.

There is absolutely no way to hide your number of found caches except not logging finds at all. Geocaching is not a secret activity.

Anyone who wants to do it can get all data for setting up a ranking list directly from gc.com. On a large scale API solutions will be necessary, on the small scale it can easily be done with a few PQs or even manually.

Cezanne

Edited by cezanne
when i contacted the owner of one particular leaderboard, his response was

i do not believe i should have to track down and request separately my removal from every leaderboard that crops up over time. mostly i hope they die a slow unlamented death

Have you asked Groundspeak? If the server were set to NOT serve to Leaderboard host sites, blocked at domain level, those sites may suddenly develop the ability to "modify things so you can totally be removed". :ph34r:

i have written to Groundspeak about this very thing and have not yet received a response.

i think it'd be SMASHING for those tools to be able to run as opt-in systems, or at the very least a nice, clean opt-out.

Anyone who wants to do it can get all data for setting up a ranking list directly from gc.com. On a large scale API solutions will be necessary, on the small scale it can easily be done with a few PQs or even manually.

Not according to the OP. There's at least one third-party script that is allegedly on autopilot and can't be changed.

Edited by kunarion

You might have grounds to complain about it to Groundspeak based on the terms of use:

D. Restrictions. Permission to use our services is subject to the following restrictions. Whether these restrictions have been violated shall be determined in our sole discretion. You agree not to:

i.Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our services for any purpose without our express written permission.

I'm not sure how the leaderboard for our area works, but they do seem to remove cachers who move away so I assume they could also remove someone who didn't want to be on it.

i.Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our services for any purpose without our express written permission.

The API's TOU seems a little different. And it specifically allows using information from "Public Profiles". Sometimes when I read the GS TOU, I wonder, "the company actually decided that this is a great idea?!" This place sometimes seems like Information Reseller's heaven. :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion

Finally. It took six posts before somebody explained what the heck you guys are talking about.

There is also cacherstats.com, but it doesn't go in to so much detail.

And:

Question: I'm listed and would prefer not to be. Can I be removed from the list?

Answer: Yes, you can be removed from the list. Send me an email with your caching nickname and I can either remove you completely or make your entry read "anonymous". If you are changed to "anonymous", the number of caches found and the links to your profile and current stats will also be removed.

It's important to note that Project-GC is a Geocaching Live! authorized API Partner and that cacherstats.com is not. Therefore, the ToU analysis is different for each leaderboard.

I'm not aware of any others; are these the only two that we're discussing in this topic?

those are the only two sites to which i was referring, but the general concept applies to all such sites.

i really, really want not to be included in any competitive leaderboard rankings. since gc.com does not rank us and has consistently declined to rank us, i believe it is reasonable for them not to allow us to be placed in public rankings without our consent.

i wish to geocache. i do not wish to have my rank worldwide, or nationwide, or part of my state a matter for others to enter into competition with.

to use an imperfect analogy, it's as if i decided to use a GPS tracker to record my mountain bike rides and a third party concern scooped up al the data and gave me a rating in some race field i didn't agree to be in. maybe i just wanted to go for a bike ride?

since gc.com has consistently taken the position that geocaching is non-competitive and that they do not rank us nor have plans to rank us, i feel my confidence in their system is betrayed somewhat if third parties are allowed as partners to rank me and enter me into competitions to which i did not agree.

simply leave me out of it and i'll be a happy, happy person. give me a way to be left out of the rankings that does not force me to quit geocaching.

and yes, i know, i could simply stop logging my finds, but if i don't log my finds, i'm not really playing the game. sure, i can find them and not tell anyone i found them, but the game as presented involves logging my finds,. it say so right in geocaching 101. the game as presented there says nothing at all about "compete with others for state and national rankings!"

i don't want other people to not be able to compete for stats with other people who wish to enter into competition. i just want to be left out of it.

I see Cezanne has already addressed this, flask, but I want you to understand that hiding your stats on Geocaching.com will NOT have any effect on project-gc, and likely not for other API partners

Isonzo Karst stats have been hidden from the beginning of the stats module, and yet I found they were fully available on project-gc.

I had to go there, authenticate my account and hide my stats there, too.

I'm not "ranked" there for Florida anymmore.

I was disappointed to learn that the API partners could grab my stats, even though they were hidden by me on Geocaching.com. Seemed backwards. Seemed like an opt in, not an opt out - or at least some mechanism to recognize that if I've hidden my stats on GC.com, I'm not looking to have them displayed elsewhere.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

I do agree with flask.

The option to opt out would be nice.

OK, I did actively go to find the 'Monitored Caches' to be included on Cacherstats, but they don't give as much information as Project GC does...

Maybe an In, but you can Opt Out option is required, via the Groundspeak site?

(Why should we have to go and search for ALL the users of the Groundspeak Api to see if they are listing us on their site?)

if i don't log my finds, i'm not really playing the game. sure, i can find them and not tell anyone i found them, but the game as presented involves logging my finds

There are site option suggestions to hide Profile info... to have Stats but not collate them. I'd assume that would also include not sending the Profile info to Leaderboards. If that's suitable, that suggestion should be reinforced again.

I can see the desire to limit other sites that are using your public profile data/logging information have no problem with a request to limit the sharing.

However, in regards to the competition factor, yes, the ranking sites make it easier, but some people will always compare their numbers to others and compete. You're not going to remove that just by not being listed on another site. I've always looked at it as something that some people are REALLY into, but has no interest to me. It doesn't have any impact on my enjoyment of the game if someone is trying to get to the top of any leaderboard or thinks they're a better/worse geocacher than me because we have different numbers.

I've never had enough find numbers for someone to compliment me on getting to some point, but if that happened, I'd politely smile and just say that I don't track anything on the board, so don't really care where I sit on a leaderboard somewhere, then change the subject to something more interesting. :)

I can see the desire to limit other sites that are using your public profile data/logging information have no problem with a request to limit the sharing.

However, in regards to the competition factor, yes, the ranking sites make it easier, but some people will always compare their numbers to others and compete. You're not going to remove that just by not being listed on another site. I've always looked at it as something that some people are REALLY into, but has no interest to me. It doesn't have any impact on my enjoyment of the game if someone is trying to get to the top of any leaderboard or thinks they're a better/worse geocacher than me because we have different numbers.

I've never had enough find numbers for someone to compliment me on getting to some point, but if that happened, I'd politely smile and just say that I don't track anything on the board, so don't really care where I sit on a leaderboard somewhere, then change the subject to something more interesting. :)

+1

i've thought about it a lot, because originally i simply asked for my account to be removed from one site years ago and i just assumed that it was done until recently when i resumed going to events after a long absence and right out of the gate someone had to talk to me about the leaderboard, which was disturbing to me.

so i didn't say anything about it and took a month or two to calm down about it before writing to the owner of that leaderboard and today i finally got the answer that he's very sorry, but that big blanks space everyone can already identify as me is the best that he can do.

well, what REALLY stands out in a crowd is a BIG BLANK SPACE and since everyone knows who that blank space represents, it sort of undermines me asking to be taken off the list at all.

it makes me feel icky to be playing one game- a game i love- and to be placed against my will in a competitive version of that game from which there is no escape.

do not tell me that if i were allowed to withdraw from the contest it would ruin other people's contest results and i should not be allowed it, because the game AS DEFINED BY THE PARENT ORGANIZATION specifically and repeatedly excludes this competition and as much as it is not my business whether people wish to compete against each other, it is not their business to force me into their contest by virtue of my having found some geocaches.

i should not have to quit geocaching to be excused from competitive leaderboards.

you get the geocaching newsletter, right? the ones where they try to tell you it's all about community? well, it's not. it really IS all about the numbers, and your numbers go on the leaderboard whether you want them to or not. if Groundspeak allows data scraping by its partners to force us into third party rankings, then Groundspeak should just admit it really is about the numbers and rank us.

it is cowardly to take one position and allow the API partners to force your own users into a different position behind the screen.

recently i was at an event where i was complimented on a recent rise on a leaderboard i thought i'd been removed from.

it turned out my name had been removed from the board but the stats were still there. as someone at the party said, "well, we ALL know which blank spot you are!"

this is not acceptable to me, and it is not pleasing to me to have to turn off all my gc.com stats (which i DID consent to have viewable) in order not to appear in third party leaderboards to which i did NOT consent.

i am not interested in being ranked against other players and gc.com they've pretty much steadfastly declined to rank us against each other, and i want to know why the HECK i have to mess with my gc.com stats in order not to be part of third party contests i want to stay out of.

do i have to quit caching so i don't have to be in some third party rankings game?

i've no objection if all of you who want to be ranked go and opt in to a ranking system and fight it out for most supreme cacher.

i want to be left out of it, and i don't want to have to quit playing THIS game in order not to have to be in THAT game.

What is the terrible suffering you are enduring? What actual harm is there to you? Why so much dram over a simple list?

well, what REALLY stands out in a crowd is a BIG BLANK SPACE and since everyone knows who that blank space represents, it sort of undermines me asking to be taken off the list at all.

it makes me feel icky to be playing one game- a game i love- and to be placed against my will in a competitive version of that game from which there is no escape.

I do not like the "numbers game" either. To some extent, I understand where you come from. However... You did win a "battle". You've said a couple times how the sites you have a specific problem with, and emailed have removed your name. Yay!

You go on to state that "everybody" knows that the big blank spot is you.

No.

No we don't.

The only people who "know" that the big blank spot is you would know even if you were omitted from the leaderboard entirely. In other words, these are people who are watching the numbers anyway; the numbers are important to them, and you are a familiar name with high numbers.

I don't go to the leaderboards, but I know who are the big-number-people in my area. I am not numbers-oriented, but you do tend to notice the number beneath the avatar on logs. You do tend to notice "oh hey, I sure see that flask person on a LOT of caches I do". I definitely am not competing with you, but I am silently cheering for you to reach your own personal next milestone.

Other people will always be in competition. If we didn't have the numbers below our avatars, there would be people who would go to cache pages and count individual finds. The numbers game is just that important to some people.

So yes, the only way to not be involved in "the numbers game" is to not play at all.

I have solved the problem by simply not bothering to look at the leaderboards. If someone else likes the play the game that way and is inspired to play more or harder because of mine or someone else's stats, good for them. One of the best things about geocaching is that there seems to be an infinite number of ways to get into the hobby. If the boards were listing my date of birth, address, and/or SSN I might be a little more peeved.

I have solved the problem by simply not bothering to look at the leaderboards. If someone else likes the play the game that way and is inspired to play more or harder because of mine or someone else's stats, good for them. One of the best things about geocaching is that there seems to be an infinite number of ways to get into the hobby. If the boards were listing my date of birth, address, and/or SSN I might be a little more peeved.

+1

The way I see it, as long as there's a number, you will be compared.

The problem is not so much with the site, but with the people you know who insists on comparing you against others. The site has already taken your name out, there's a blank space there. The casual observer would not know it is you. The obsessed would look at the list and figure out where you fit, whether you're there or not.

What you're really requesting is for Groundspeak to not display your find count anywhere. I believe there has been a number of such requests over the few years I'm here, and Groundspeak has done absolutely nothing with that regards. In fact, they added stats since then.

I've read enough of your posts to know that suggesting you forget about it is not going to cut it, so I'll just wish you good luck in your quest.

Well, there are two blank entries for Vermont, which one is yours?:)

As long as your found it logs are public, your "stats" are public. One way to deal with the problem is turn all your found it logs into write notes. Since write notes are not tracked, you won't be. That takes care of cacherstats and the API users.

There are a couple ways to deal with cacherstats. One is suddenly move to California and ask that your stats be moved to California. Folks in California will go nuts trying to figure out who the new blank cacher is and folks in Vermont will wonder what happened to Flask.

The other way to deal with cacherstats is get the list of trigger caches and delete your finds or change them to write notes. If you have not found the trigger caches you won't be listed. This means giving up a count or two, but that does not seem like a big deal. You may need to confirm with the GrandHighPoopah on this one. Of course if he changes the trigger cache because of archiving or other activity you might need to adjust your finds. Or he picks you up on one that is not the nearest your still listed. But this is probably iffy at best.

For API based sites, the only way to deal with them is to ask to be dropped, which they may or may not be able to.

And as for asking Groundspeak to institute some sort of security, I personally don't think that is a good idea.

you get the geocaching newsletter, right? the ones where they try to tell you it's all about community? well, it's not. it really IS all about the numbers, and your numbers go on the leaderboard whether you want them to or not. if Groundspeak allows data scraping by its partners to force us into third party rankings, then Groundspeak should just admit it really is about the numbers and rank us.

I sympathize to some extent. Some time ago, I hid my user stats on this site, took my name off of some local leaderboards that allow you to opt in or opt out, and asked that cacherstats not display my name. I hid my souvenirs as soon as Groundspeak allowed that. When I came across project-gc, I opted out of the cache details, but in response to this thread I learned that I was still ranked in my state's totals.

Actually, I noticed that I had dropped considerably from when I last checked that kind of information. I guess a lot of people actually like repetitive caching, and that in turn has made the numbers meaningless, which is another topic altogether.

Ever since I joined, though, this site has always included numbers. It has not bothered me because it was part of the deal from the start. Some have asked for more privacy controls, but that request has not been adopted. Perhaps the numbers can be useful since it provides some sort of context -- my basic instinct is not to trust anyone with numbers higher than mine. I do make some exceptions, however. so that alone would not be a determinative factor for me. If there are numbers, I suppose it is inevitable that people will track them.

Cacherstats, of course, is not a Groundspeak "partner." I think it would be better if project-gc required you to opt into the fully stat display rather than opt out. Although I was surprised that Project-GC continued to rank me, it does not annoy me that much. Life is too precious to either make this game into a contest or be bothered if someone does. But if somebody came up to me at an event and commented on my ranking, I would take a step back and think that surely they had better things to do with their time.

Edited by geodarts

do not tell me that if i were allowed to withdraw from the contest it would ruin other people's contest results

The points I addressed are different ones not related to the competition aspect.

The first is that lists like how many caches someone has found or how often certain caches have been found are statistical data and

leaving out some people corrupts the data which have a value beyond competitions.

The second is that anyone who feels eager to do so can set up ranking lists - one can even do it manually and no ToU whatsoever can

do anything against it. People who want to compare will continue to do it.

I'm not interested into any sort of competition, neither in geocaching nor somewhere else. It's the people and not the sites that provide

data about number of caches/cachers etc that cause the issue.

In some areas what happens really gets absurd and to the extent that many cachers get addicted and need therapy, but in my opinion

this is not the fault of sites like project-gc. It's a sign of a very immature way of dealing with the available data about cachers.

Cezanne

I guess I don't understand why that "ranking" would bother anyone. What's the big deal about them taking a number that is available under a person's name on every log posted on the GC site and organizing it into a list. If you don't really want people to know how many you have found, why log them online at all? If it's a story you want to share or dissemination of info, post a note instead of a 'found it' log. In the grand scheme of things, this just really doesn't even seem like something to be upset over.

this is not acceptable to me

I understand your anger to some extent. Personally I think however that there are better and more effective answers to such issues than trying to get removed from all sorts of

rankings (impossible anyway). Let as many cachers out there whom you meet and who make comments about your find count know that caching is not about numbers.

There are so many newcomers out there that think that they need to reach 500, 1000 or even more finds to be someone. That's completely wrong. The opinion of someone who has found 3000 caches is not more valuable as the opinion of someone who has found 30 caches.

Cezanne

Edited by cezanne

I guess I don't understand why that "ranking" would bother anyone.

While I agree that it is not something I would be bothered over, I defend flask's right to be bothered about it :ph34r: I do think that being bothered by someone comparing you on a list where your name doesn't even appear is a few steps away from going "Stop thinking about me! I know you are! Stop already!"

i don't want other people to not be able to compete for stats with other people who wish to enter into competition. i just want to be left out of it.

As soon as you try and control what other people do, you're fighting a losing battle.

I figure if someone wants to compete against me, they're free to do so -- it doesn't mean I have to compete against them. It's like if some hotshot kid is stopped beside me at a red light. The light turns green and he rockets off down the road while I accelerate at my normal pace. He might feel good about himself and pat himself on the back about how he is "winning" against me, but it doesn't affect me one iota.

It's like if some hotshot kid is stopped beside me at a red light. The light turns green and he rockets off down the road while I accelerate at my normal pace. He might feel good about himself and pat himself on the back about how he is "winning" against me, but it doesn't affect me one iota.

This is applicable to so many things in geocaching.

might feel good about himself and pat himself on the back about how he is "winning" against me, but it doesn't affect me one iota.

Not only that, but compared to other Leaderboard People, your Stats are nothing! Pshaw! B)

The whole planet has a ravenous craving for Leaderboard Everything, despite the fact that 99.99% of all Internet Leaderboards are populated by fake users with their fake hacked impossible scores. Scores that never get deleted because Leaderboard People and Leaderboard Owners aren’t all that interested in accuracy. So I can fully understand the support around here for Leaderboards.

I look at Stats only occasionally, and only to marvel at how such Stats are humanly possible to achieve. At the rate I find caches, accounting for the rate I don’t, it will take me well over 30 years to find as many caches as the OP has.

the only thing other people do that i want to control is having MY NAME on those lists. of course i know that if someone wants to hand compare a loserboard, there's no stopping them. i don't want MY NAME on public ranking lists as if i had signed up for the contest. as for simply avoiding conversations in which some hatwipe wants to compare numbers, i already do that. "how many caches have you found?" is the surest way for me to back quietly away from you and find somebody worth talking to.

unfortunately, people i already know have come up to me to comment to me on my movement on a list i'd asked to be removed from, and i was cheerfully told that my place in the list is held by a big blank spot and that everybody in my state already knows who the two blank spots are.

i'd just like that big glaring blank spot that announces my wish to be not on the list to be simply me not being on the list.

i bet that through aggressive use of those leaderboards and nearly tireless mention of people's placement on them i can poison the culture of the community and make everyone long for a time before they knew what their ranking was.

may i PLEASE just be removed from the list?

How can anyone think geocaching is not about the numbers? As long as there is any way to measure anything people will be rankled, that's just human nature.

Your find count is a public fact, by logging you are posting it online and anyone has the right to use that data. Oddly enough you probably drew way more attention to your stats in the last few hours then was ever paid to it till now or ever would have been.

Taking 2 weeks to calm down after finding you've been ranked is a bit worrisome.

How can anyone think geocaching is not about the numbers?

For me geocaching is definitely not about the numbers and never has been. I agree with you on the other aspect you mentioned that by logging online, those who want to perform

comparisons will be able to do so.

All the unique experiences geocaching has provided me with are not associated with anything one can measure with numbers.

For example, last weekend I hiked over 45km to start with this cache

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2XY7N_steirischer-02-gleinalpe?guid=ab012590-1233-4c8f-b43a-bd79f1b415f6

and two further days of hiking are waiting for me. The two days I have already spent with this cache are unforgettable.

Experiences like this one are what makes geocaching unique to me.

Edited by cezanne
might feel good about himself and pat himself on the back about how he is "winning" against me, but it doesn't affect me one iota.

Not only that, but compared to other Leaderboard People, your Stats are nothing! Pshaw! B)

The whole planet has a ravenous craving for Leaderboard Everything, despite the fact that 99.99% of all Internet Leaderboards are populated by fake users with their fake hacked impossible scores. Scores that never get deleted because Leaderboard People and Leaderboard Owners aren’t all that interested in accuracy. So I can fully understand the support around here for Leaderboards.

I look at Stats only occasionally, and only to marvel at how such Stats are humanly possible to achieve. At the rate I find caches, accounting for the rate I don’t, it will take me well over 30 years to find as many caches as the OP has.

Ditto...although it's not really possible for me to keep up that rate because I've already almost exhuasted possible finds in the areas I live and work.

How can anyone think geocaching is not about the numbers?

For me geocaching is definitely not about the numbers and never has been. I agree with you on the other aspect you mentioned that by logging online, those who want to perform

comparisons will be able to do so.

All the unique experiences geocaching has provided me with are not associated with anything one can measure with numbers.

For example, last weekend I hiked over 45km to start with this cache

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2XY7N_steirischer-02-gleinalpe?guid=ab012590-1233-4c8f-b43a-bd79f1b415f6

and two further days of hiking are waiting for me. The two days I have already spent with this cache are unforgettable.

Experiences like this one are what makes geocaching unique to me.

I have no doubt it's not about the numbers for you, just in general geocaching is geared as a numbers game, just have a look at any page on GC.com and you'll see your find count plastered all over the place.

Shouldn't the OP be concerned about their post count here being visible and rankable?

Ditto...although it's not really possible for me to keep up that rate because I've already almost exhuasted possible finds in the areas I live and work.

The possible finds here are still here, I just can't find them. I'm near the top of the list of Geocachers Who Aren't Particularly Good At It. How do I get removed from that leaderboard! It's not about the not a lot of numbers, is it not?

Edited by kunarion

I have no doubt it's not about the numbers for you, just in general geocaching is geared as a numbers game, just have a look at any page on GC.com and you'll see your find count plastered all over the place.

I just answered your question "How can anyone think that geocaching is not about numbers".

I agree with you on the rest.

I just answered your question "How can anyone think that geocaching is not about numbers".

I agree with you on the rest.

Let me rephrase that, to what I meant, how can anyone think others won't turn geocaching into a competition and find ways to rank themselves and everyone else.

let me be clear: i simply want to be removed from the leaderboards. i do not give a flying fig if you can look up my cache finds, or for that matter, my shoe size and my baseline bowel transit times. (by the way, my foot is more awesome than yours, and my bowels move more regularly than yours.)

a leaderboard represents a different kind of thing and i want to be off of it. if you want to measure the size of your squishy bits against mine, you go ahead and get your own ruler.

i do not want to sign up to play one game and get thrown into another game for which i did not give consent.

that is all.