Monterra - Garmin Maps problem

I purchased a new Monterra yesterday and updated the software to the latest release (3.20_1.21.00). I removed my Topo Deutschland 2012 Pro map chip from my Oregon 400 and inserted it in the Monterra. The Monterra sees the SD card but it does not see the map file so I can't select the Topo Deutschland map. Note. This map chip works well in both my Oregon 400 and Montanna 650. Is there a possibility that this android based unit can not handle a GMAPSUPP file that is 2.4 gig?

There is only one way to insert the chip, so yes, the chip is inserted correctly. With the chip in and the gps connected to the computer, windows explorer can see all the files on the map chip. The monterra simply does not recognize the map. This is frustrating since it is a legal Garmin map chip installed in a Garmin product.

My OSM map chip works fine.

No. The preprogrammed micro SD card was purchased from a store (actual store, not online) one year ago. I have the package with the Garmin part number (don't have it handy as I write this email).

I would call Garmin's tech support. Ask to speak to a senior advisor as the entry techs don't have any idea what they are doing. There should not be a problem with the size. I have a 16gig card in mine and it works.

No. The preprogrammed micro SD card was purchased from a store (actual store, not online) one year ago. I have the package with the Garmin part number (don't have it handy as I write this email).

I would call Garmin's tech support. Ask to speak to a senior advisor as the entry techs don't have any idea what they are doing. There should not be a problem with the size. I have a 16gig card in mine and it works.

I emailed Garmin support and after several email back and forth, they advise it should work and support has no idea why it doesn't. the support rep was going to escalate to his manager and get back to me. That was a week ago and they haven't replied.............

The Monterra is a piece of crap. A nice idea and has the potential to be an interesting unit but Garmin released it way way way too soon. The way the buggy software is, it looks more like a prerelease-Beta unit and not a high priced, high quality unit already at software release 3.20.

I plan on returning the Monterra and going back to my Montana 650.

I emailed Garmin support and after several email back and forth, they advise it should work and support has no idea why it doesn't. the support rep was going to escalate to his manager and get back to me. That was a week ago and they haven't replied.............

The Monterra is a piece of crap. A nice idea and has the potential to be an interesting unit but Garmin released it way way way too soon. The way the buggy software is, it looks more like a prerelease-Beta unit and not a high priced, high quality unit already at software release 3.20.

I plan on returning the Monterra and going back to my Montana 650.

another complainer

I have no problems with my monterra, and I encountered this problem with other devices as well. For me the problem was that I forgot to put the .img file in the correct folder on the SD-card (x:/Garmin/xxxxx.img)

If that's not the case, then you should try unlocking the thing. you can contact me to see how....