Geoswag GC&PC coins

Toojin

Hi kids,

I am trying to straighten out (in my mind... maybe hopeless) what GC&PC coin is which for 2014.

January - Year of Discovery

February - Dragon Heart

March - Wolf Moon

April - ? I heard a rumor about a Steampunk Dog, but haven't seen it ?

May - What?

Any and all help, and pictures, would be much appreciated!

On May 15 I received an email from Michael? showing pictures that the steampunk dogs had arrived but were damaged in shipping (wheels and tails broken off). They had decided to ship April and May together sometime around the end of May (after the dogs were fixed) and throw in a extra trackable for the trouble. Subscribers will also get two coins in June. Two different coins, that is. Hang in there kids.

On May 15 I received an email from Michael? showing pictures that the steampunk dogs had arrived but were damaged in shipping (wheels and tails broken off). They had decided to ship April and May together sometime around the end of May (after the dogs were fixed) and throw in a extra trackable for the trouble. Subscribers will also get two coins in June. Two different coins, that is. Hang in there kids.

Thank you so very much!

I'm with Toojin...

When going out this long it's hard to tell what payment is for what coin.

There is no record except "payment" on my paypal. It should show up in your Geoswags order history what the coin of the month name is and when it was billed. There is nothing there.

At the very least they should "name the coin" on the invoice to your paypal or credit card whatever you use instead of just "Payment".

Edited by JoenSue

An e-mail received on the 18th by my coin club partner:

Here is the latest...

May's coin of the Month shipped last week. This was the Mother's coin.

April's coin of the Month, Free Trackable, June's Coin of the Month and June's Bonus Coin and Pin are scheduled to ship out later next week.

We again apologize for the delay. This has been an adventure for sure. Thank you again for your patience.

And you know what, I just wish they would communicate without people having to throw royal conniption fits. There was no update here, on their website, or on their facebook page.

Communication is a very important part of customer service. And most of us know how to vote on customer service. Gee, does it show that I am cranky?

I voted. We discontinued our subscription a few months ago.

Hate to miss any (sort of) special coins ... but have they really been 'that special' ... ??

It seems to have become nothing more than a 'different edition' of all the rest of their coins. Nothing truly special unless the pin is supposed to do that. It doesn't for us. It does give e-place sellers a coin to sell and a bunch of pins to assemble for a separate auction ... :lol:

Just another edition - vs. - the frustration - HMmmm ... let me think .... :lostsignal:

Tough crowd in here tonight. Yes, I agree there could be better communication, but I can be forgiving when it comes to the production problems. Most of the designs are still unique enough to keep me interested in collecting them.

I've lost contact with the pulse of the geocoin market. They don't seem to be as popular as they once were, or is that just my perception?

Tough crowd in here tonight. Yes, I agree there could be better communication, but I can be forgiving when it comes to the production problems. Most of the designs are still unique enough to keep me interested in collecting them.

I've lost contact with the pulse of the geocoin market. They don't seem to be as popular as they once were, or is that just my perception?

KNEW I saw that caching name recently. How about on a JUSTIN slowdownracer personal geocoin - WE FINISHED !! ... :)

Just happened to snag one in a coin purchase from a collector giving up his addiction.

'Toughness' here may go farther back than what I recall, but communication problems seemed to originate around the time of the 12-12-12 group coins. There was a lag in what seemed like a lot of communication from them when folks needed answers. It didn't get better after that.

I don't have any problem with production situations, or 'damaged in transit' issues, but only when someone takes a moment to keep paying customers informed. GC&PC subscription costs are deducted like clockwork, regardless of production problems. Communications need to be just as 'recurring'. No matter how reputable any company has been 'in the past' ... customer trust evaporates quickly when funds are collected and nothing happens until months pass and complaints start to pour in.

I'm in a group of 'newer' collectors so I don't have a long track record to look back on. What I have seen and noticed is that a lot of the prior geocoin forum posters who moved into the Social Media arena also found, started or joined the many geocoin groups on FB. There are names that I see in the groups in other places that pop up frequently when researching old forum posts. Simply put, the explosion of Social Media has taken it's toll here. Groups in other places usually don't have a stringent policy barring discussions about anything BUT Groundspeak trackable geocoins. This also gives posters reason to be there ... and not here. Die-hard geocoiners from the forum here are often noted posting copy/paste text in here AND in several other places.

Yes, I think it's perception. The explosion of geocachers in the Groundspeak / GC-dot-com network has increased coin demand, but there just doesn't seem to be the extensive camaraderie that used to exist. Geocoins are seldom put out into the wild from what I can tell. Understandable. They have a shorter lifespan than anytime in the past. At the cost of coins today, stocking someone else's treasure box at home isn't appealing. The cost of coins has skyrocketed as well, creating a ground swell of sale price increases. Granted, they are more like 'coin sculptures' but a recent release sold out for $25-29 and $35 each plus shipping. Sure, they were looking for quick profit to pay for a trip, but doesn't everyone selling items retail want a 'cool profit' ... ??

I do think the production quantities have increased substantially. When GS Shop offers a 'limited edition' ... it's usually for 650-750 coins. Some of those even appear in the worldwide internet market. Europe has spawned a large number of geocoin producers. Many of the coins I buy make that trip over the pond, even with the added expense. The few years I've been coining I've noticed an increase in coins offered by GS that are already offered in large quantities elsewhere, but they customize their version with the lackey symbol instead of the universal 'G' when it appears on coins. Checking versions and editions of past coins, there may have been 2 or 3 editions minted and most of the choices were in the metal, not the colors. Now producers offer as many as 6 or more color editions with metal changes. For some, '6' color editions is just a starting point. Quite different than 'the good ol' days', eh ?? :)

Again ... Yes, I think it's perception ... ;)

Well then my perception must be tainted due to the fact that I have never had a FB account. I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.

Yes, I remember the first geocoin of mine that went missing. I wanted to smack somebody, but I got over it. I still keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your perspective, nevadanick.

Received this update on June 18,2014, but haven't received anything other than the mother's day coin and a couple wolfpack v2 that I ordered.

"Here is the latest...

May's coin of the Month shipped last week.

This was the Mother's coin.

April's coin of the Month, Free Trackable, June's Coin of the Month and June's Bonus Coin and Pin are scheduled to ship out later next week.

We again apologize for the delay. This has been an adventure for sure. Thank you again for your patience".

Edited by BVnLJ

It is July 17th.

I am cool with production problems as long as there is communication.

No Communication here or on Facebook.

Folks this is just stinky !!

Anybody hearing anything? I am clearly getting very cranky...

If you haven't heard anything by next week ... I would imagine they will be vending at MWGB ...

maybe someone attending can get some answers.

I've also written to Michael a while ago about another geocoin matter and only got a reply that he is checking on it. Nothing since then.

Good News Today

"After much waiting...

The April and June coins have shipped!!!

We have shipped out the April and June Coin of the Month and the Bonus Trackable Tag to you today. June's Bonus Coin will ship out in a few weeks.

We anticipate July's Coin of the Month to ship out the end of July.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE!"

Yay! This is great news!

Good News Today

"After much waiting...

The April and June coins have shipped!!!

We have shipped out the April and June Coin of the Month and the Bonus Trackable Tag to you today. June's Bonus Coin will ship out in a few weeks.

We anticipate July's Coin of the Month to ship out the end of July.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE!"

Well yay, they communicated with many. YAY!

received at 11 MDT this morning

Yes I am still involved with Geoswag and Oakcoins. I am getting the Steampunk Dog and Pin and June coin of the Month and Pin out today. The bonus coin has been delayed due to the mint not doing things as they should. You will still get the bonus coin when they are done. I will also be including a free tag to all members.

Thanks

Hans

Anybody received their April coins yet.

I received an e-mail that they are selling the steampunk dogs to the public now.

Cute coins... <<<

Ok, they're sorta cute ...

but are we heading in a direction where they aren't 'coins' anymore ... but more like sculptures, statues or knick-knacks ... :unsure:

Received in the mail today -

One gold steampunk dog with pin

One June club geocoin with pin

One extra trackable item

Looks like they gave up on the idea of axles for the wheels, they do not turn. But the gold color is nice.

Very glad to hear that someone has received their coins. Maybe mine will arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to finally seeing them.

This is strange. Back in 2/27/14 I joined the club to get the Wolf Geocoin. After making two monthly payments to the Club and coming up on the due date for the third monthly payment without receiving one coin, I cancelled membership with PayPal on 4/1/0/14 and received a refund from the Club for the previous payments. Today I received the Steampunk Dog trackable and pin. I don't belong to the Club, I didn't order these items and I don't intend to pay for them. If the Club would like these items back, please credit postage costs to my PayPal account and I will gladly ship them back to you.

This is strange. Back in 2/27/14 I joined the club to get the Wolf Geocoin. After making two monthly payments to the Club and coming up on the due date for the third monthly payment without receiving one coin, I cancelled membership with PayPal on 4/1/0/14 and received a refund from the Club for the previous payments. Today I received the Steampunk Dog trackable and pin. I don't belong to the Club, I didn't order these items and I don't intend to pay for them. If the Club would like these items back, please credit postage costs to my PayPal account and I will gladly ship them back to you.

It might be best for you to write to Geoswag directly. Since they have not responded to other posts in this forum on this subject, it may be unlikely they will ever see this yours above.

As I understood, you have received the follwing club coin what you have paid for.

If I remember right, the wolf coin was march 2014 (you have paid for), the steampunk dog is now april 2014 (you have paid for), the next club coin I don`t know yet, because I haven`t received my April and May coins yet. So if you have paid 2 month rates you will receive 2 club coins. But as nevadanick mentions you should write the shop a mail.

As I understood, you have received the follwing club coin what you have paid for.

If I remember right, the wolf coin was march 2014 (you have paid for), the steampunk dog is now april 2014 (you have paid for), the next club coin I don`t know yet, because I haven`t received my April and May coins yet. So if you have paid 2 month rates you will receive 2 club coins. But as nevadanick mentions you should write the shop a mail.

" I cancelled membership with PayPal on 4/1/0/14 and received a refund from the Club for the previous payments." (see above!)

The Wolf Coin was February's coin. My payments were made in February and March. April's was coming due when I cancelled membership. Oak coins refunded both my February and March payments when membership was cancelled. Therefore, I haven't paid for anything, for which I'm glad. Some of you may like the Steampunk Dog, but for me, it isn't a coin and looking at it, I wouldn't pay a $1 for it.

I received an e-mail that they are selling the steampunk dogs to the public now.

Cute coins... <<<

but are we heading in a direction where they aren't 'coins' anymore ... but more like sculptures, statues or knick-knacks ... :unsure:

So what are you trying to say about the gas pumps? Knick knacks????

Cute coins... <<<

So what are you trying to say about the gas pumps? Knick knacks????

Haven't seen one yet .... :ninja:

... are they ... :lostsignal: ... :laughing:

Today the Coins March2014 (Steam Punk Dog) plus June2014 (Happy Sad Geocoin) plus a scotland tag arrived in Germany.

Well I agree Sierra Rat that the dog doesn`t look as a coin, but there are several "coins" out there which are not looking like one. I have to think about if I keep it or not. I even think about my membership to keep it alive. I don`t know yet.

Well yay, they communicated with many. YAY!received at 11 MDT this morning

Yes I am still involved with Geoswag and Oakcoins. I am getting the Steampunk Dog and Pin and June coin of the Month and Pin out today. The bonus coin has been delayed due to the mint not doing things as they should. You will still get the bonus coin when they are done. I will also be including a free tag to all members.ThanksHans

Wasn't the flag tag a bonus for May? We were supposed to receive two different coins for June. Or was I reading the emails from Michael(?) wrong? <_<

According to Hans we should still be getting a "bonus" coin. The tag was on top of that.