How do I delete visits to my hide by users

horn38

Profile for User: ad199065

the user above keeps posting on my log using foul language, zand every time I delete their post.... they repost it! is there away to permanently ban them or delete their posts?

At the top of the Geocaching Topics forum is this sticky:

Reporting Abusive Posts or Correspondence

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=238349

Did you mean to post this in the Travel Bug forum?

B.

This sounds like a cache listing issue, not a trackable issue. I am moving your thread to the "How do I...?" forum.

Please see this article in the Help Center about problems with other geocachers: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=483

If, after reviewing that article, you believe that your situation meets the requirements for escalation at Geocaching HQ, you can contact them through the Help Center.

the user above keeps posting on my log using foul language, zand every time I delete their post.... they repost it! is there away to permanently ban them or delete their posts?

well, no profanity is showing on any of their posts right now. And guess what?? It's a NVM (Not Validated Member) They'll probably get tired of it and just go away.

Edit: well I should have read through all the posts before I jumped in. But anyway they probably will get tired of it and just go away.

I wouldn't just leave their posts, because sets a bad precedent for other new users who might think that it's acceptable. Besides that you just don't want profanity on your cache page and that GS tells you to delete it.

Edited by NanCycle

well, no profanity is showing on any of their posts right now.

Yep. Looks like they got the idea and cleaned up their log on your cache. Their other log, quoted above, is good too.

Nothing for you to do now unless they edit that log later or post a new one adding back the profanity.

Groundspeak I believe does have the ability to IP block which will block them on their cell phone from ALL of Groundspeak or Geocaching. I know that power exists with other sites. If the language is derogatory and mean, then yes....report that and stay on GS to remove it. If it is just someone expressing some fun, leave it. Foul language is nothing and there are larger issues in life to deal with.

well, no profanity is showing on any of their posts right now. And guess what?? It's a NVM (Not Validated Member) They'll probably get tired of it and just go away.

No one said anything about profanity. The complaint is 'foul language' which is something entirely different.

No one said anything about profanity. The complaint is 'foul language' which is something entirely different.

As of 6/11/14 2052(CST), there are logs from the offender on 2 of the OP's caches, both of which use the words for which "BS" is a popular abbreviation...

As of 6/11/14 2052(CST), there are logs from the offender on 2 of the OP's caches, both of which use the words for which "BS" is a popular abbreviation...

It appears they keep posting new logs as the old ones get deleted (no edits). This morning the log was clean language and only one of the c/o's caches was logged. Still only one of the op's cache tonight but the language has changed.... Hold on a sec, now its two of op's caches and another BS log on a cache by a different owner. This dude is active.

There are many logs on the op/s cache by very low find-count cachers. I saw a log by a cub scout on one of the other caches. I wonder if there is a group of very young people who have smart phones and one of them is running amok?

Clearly the BS Kid is jerking the cache owner's chain. Hopefully Horn38 has reported it to gc.com.

It appears they keep posting new logs as the old ones get deleted (no edits). This morning the log was clean language and only one of the c/o's caches was logged. Still only one of the op's cache tonight but the language has changed.... Hold on a sec, now its two of op's caches and another BS log on a cache by a different owner. This dude is active.

There are many logs on the op/s cache by very low find-count cachers. I saw a log by a cub scout on one of the other caches. I wonder if there is a group of very young people who have smart phones and one of them is running amok?

Clearly the BS Kid is jerking the cache owner's chain. Hopefully Horn38 has reported it to gc.com.

Kudos to the CO for holding out.

With so many new cachers, double logs, and the potty mouth, I'd have made it PMO or even archived it ages ago!

Or, upped the difficulty, to stop it showing on the intro app.

Or, upped the difficulty, to stop it showing on the intro app.

Making it a PMO would curtail Intro-app users, would it not?

Most of the problems I see on the iphone intro were people who became premium members, thinking it also gave them the full app.

- So maybe not...

I'd up the difficulty past 2 .

Picky picky

Link for reference:

Emailing Groundspeak

Contacting Groundspeak is the best option for this one. They are the only ones that can take action on a User Account. I would also include links to any Log Entries that you received on your Listings that appear to violate the Terms of Use of the site. At the very least, they'll probably ask the User to change their Username to something a bit more family friendly.