GPS map 76Cx

Suliro

Help, I am desparate. Since i bought this GPS i can't find caches anymore or very few... My GPS is so off, its crazy.

I tested it with cache that i know and every time he send me about 42 meter in an another direction.

I am about to trow it in the wood...not in the water because it float, and get me another one. Before this one i had The GPS map 60CSX...oh what a marvellous little machine, but i lost it during a vacation.

So is it possible that i need to calibrate it ? and how do you do this ?

I tried changing option, changing the navigation map, at one point you try anything, no,nothing solve my problem, its always off.

Please, anybody, can you help me ?

Thank you, very much.

Help, I am desparate. Since i bought this GPS i can't find caches anymore or very few... My GPS is so off, its crazy.

I tested it with cache that i know and every time he send me about 42 meter in an another direction.

I am about to trow it in the wood...not in the water because it float, and get me another one. Before this one i had The GPS map 60CSX...oh what a marvellous little machine, but i lost it during a vacation.

I tried changing option, changing the navigation map, at one point you try anything, no,nothing solve my problem, its always off.

Thank you, very much.

You calibrate the 76CSx just like you did with your 60CSx. They are both basically the same unit.

You could calibrate it, but that probably won't do any good because you can only calibrate the compass and that isn't your problem.

As others have posted, check the datum and format settings (through the main, or set up menu).

It should be set to: WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format.

Normally, it comes out of the box that way, but ya know... "stuff" happens.

Otherwise, make sure it isn't locked onto road routing... a fairly common mistake --

especially with a new instrument <learning curve>.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

You could calibrate it, but that probably won't do any good because you can only calibrate the compass and that isn't your problem.

As others have posted, check the datum and format settings (through the main, or set up menu).

It should be set to: WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format.

Normally, it comes out of the box that way, but ya know... "stuff" happens.

Datum and format OK

Otherwise, make sure it isn't locked onto road routing... a fairly common mistake --

especially with a new instrument <learning curve>.

But it was on....oh my, i just want to go and try the......thing

Ill go tomorow and check my gps

thank you so much...well i get back to you...have to see the result

Thank you again

Suliro

Thank you, very much.

You calibrate the 76CSx just like you did with your 60CSx. They are both basically the same unit.

Except he doesn't have a 76CSx, he has a 76Cx. No sensors to calibrate.

Thank you everybody for your answers.

But my datum and format is correct. I put the road routing at off, i really thought it was the problem...but no...nothing change, my $%&*&?* gps is still off by 40 meter ????

So i have a GPSmap 76Cx to sell, i quit, the GPS won.

I went looking for another one this after noon.

Thank you again

Suliro

Thank you everybody for your answers.

But my datum and format is correct. I put the road routing at off, i really thought it was the problem...but no...nothing change, my $%&*&?* gps is still off by 40 meter ????

So i have a GPSmap 76Cx to sell, i quit, the GPS won.

I went looking for another one this after noon.

Thank you again

Suliro

IF your settings are wrong, and you add details for a cache, THEN change the settings, the previously added details get converted.

So they were wrong, and stay wrong when you change to the correct settings...