Breast Cancer Awareness Geocoin

Spinneyman

Since 2008, I have walked in twenty-eight 3-Day, 60 mile walks to raise funds for breast cancer research, education and local community support. Along with raising funds, a very important aspect of the walks is to spread awareness throughout all the various groups we interact with in our daily lives. In 2011, the thought occurred to me that I could combine my fundraising, with spreading awareness, along with geocaching. The thought was to design a geocoin that could be sold as a fundraiser, with the hope that the buyer would place the coin into a cache, thereby spreading a little breast cancer awareness as the coin travels from cache to cache.

With that for background, we have a new 2014 Breast Cancer Awareness coin that we would love to have geocachers donate for and then place in a cache. To date we have coins in Europe, New Zealand and all across the US. The coins are 1.75", either in a silver or gold finish, each coming with a tracking number. Full details of the coin, along with photos can be found at the following link: Breast Cancer Awareness Coin Description.

Thank you for considering this opportunity to spread a little breast cancer awareness in the form of a geocaching coin.