newbie cant download files to GPS

danger warriors

Hi there, oh wise ones

We started geocaching the beginning of this year and have always used my i phone but decided it may be good to get a GPS so that Im not so hysterical when the children want to run with it, drop it in mud etc and in a vain hope to not always flatten my battery! I bought one from e bay, a Garmin e Trex Venture Cx. I can plug it into our computer, turn it on etc but when I click download to GPS it brings up a licence agreement pop up which I click i agree to but then nothing, the box doesnt disappear, change, or look like anything is happening. Aby ideas? Its most probably user error!

Hi there, oh wise ones

We started geocaching the beginning of this year and have always used my i phone but decided it may be good to get a GPS so that Im not so hysterical when the children want to run with it, drop it in mud etc and in a vain hope to not always flatten my battery! I bought one from e bay, a Garmin e Trex Venture Cx. I can plug it into our computer, turn it on etc but when I click download to GPS it brings up a licence agreement pop up which I click i agree to but then nothing, the box doesnt disappear, change, or look like anything is happening. Any ideas? Its most probably user error!

Using Internet Explorer? Lots of threads on it.

Change your browser.

(or faff about in the Compatibility Mode settings)

Firefox seems to work fine. Have you downloaded the Garmin Communicator? If not, do that, log out of geocaching.com then log back in and you should be set. I had to restart my old computer for it to "take" but it got there in the end. If you are still having issues, let us know....there are others here who can probably help you better than I.