What's the Search prefix for Australian Postcodes

ian-and-penny

I'm attempting to search for geocaches by postal code. Sometimes typing in a postal code works ok but mostly it gives me caches in another country.

For example the Australian postcode for Cobar,a town in New South Wales is 2835.

When I enter the code into the search I get caches in Hungary.

If I use a prefix "AU-" I get French ones, if I use "AUS-" I get Namibian ones, & if I use "Australia" I get caches in Antarctica"

What prefix should I use to consistently retrieve Australian caches?

I'm attempting to search for geocaches by postal code. Sometimes typing in a postal code works ok but mostly it gives me caches in another country.

For example the Australian postcode for Cobar,a town in New South Wales is 2835.

If I use a prefix "AU-" I get French ones, if I use "AUS-" I get Namibian ones, & if I use "Australia" I get caches in Antarctica"

You're a premium member — use a Pocket Query not the rudimentary "Hide & Seek" page.

With a Pocket Query, you click on the "Within" section and select Australia; then in the "From Origin" section enter the postcode (2835); and the PQ will return 93 caches.

These will not all be in the 2835 post code area but the search will be centred there with a default radius of 100 miles. If you narrow the radius down to a few kilometres you should grab all the Cobar caches.

You're a premium member — use a Pocket Query not the rudimentary "Hide & Seek" page.

With a Pocket Query, you click on the "Within" section and select Australia; then in the "From Origin" section enter the postcode (2835); and the PQ will return 93 caches.

These will not all be in the 2835 post code area but the search will be centred there with a default radius of 100 miles. If you narrow the radius down to a few kilometres you should grab all the Cobar caches.

I KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!

Could someone please answer the question I asked!

Nsw2835 seems to work (kudos to caught@work if this also works for you).

That works for NSW only.

From 2.2. How do I search for geocaches beyond my location? the Tip at the bottom of the page says

TIP: For searches in Germany type D- or DE before the 5 digits.

So logically there must be a prefix for Australia as well - after all a lot of countries have a 4 digit numerical postal code.

So what is the prefix for Australia?

I KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!

Could someone please answer the question I asked!

I must humbly apologise for trying to help. I must have missed the part in your original query where you said you knew all about PQs and that you were specifically (and only) asking about post code searching using the basic search form.

Again, I seek your forgiveness in my clumsy attempts to help a fellow cacher.